Here's some pics that I found on my computer of a couple jobs that I worked on in the past few years. Some of the iron is new but the Sidebooms that I run are from the 70's or so. These were taken on a job North of Elko NV And when a 2 1/2 ton 6x6 army truck can't get you pipe I've got a cool video of the chopper flyin in a joint of pipe if anyone can tell me how to get a vid on here
More pics And here's some from a job in western Colorado. This is one of the shortest and the steepest hill on the job Turn your screen so the load line cables are hanging straight up and down and then you can see the grade. There's four D8's, two 583 sidebooms and a D6 welding tackrig all hooked up. Oh and an 80,000 lb section of pipe we took off the hill. A real long hill. And one ** the best reasons I love what I do. Hope you all enjoy
Those are nice pics, I bet the scenery is a little different where you live now. That pic where you turn it till the lines are vertical is dizzying.
Nice pictures, thank you.
Cool pics! tnx
I am working a 42 inch line in northern alberta right now. Its a different life but I love it and when I start teaching I am going to miss it.
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing
Yeah thanks mate for sharing them looks amazing but that hill l0ooks crazy steep
Wow, excellent pics!
Is that pipe in the bender double jointed?
Thankyou Columbia Helicopters! Awsome pics!
Glad you all liked the pics. It's hard to really see how big a hill is in most pics but those load lines hanging down really help. Yea Mitch the scenery is a lot different here but pretty much everywhere East of the Mississippi is new territory for me so I'm looking forward to the differentness. Hey Egoman, I'd love to work up in your neck of the woods. Maybe not this time of year though. I'm not sure were your at exactly but you guys from the north have the best "warm"water fisheries. It's probably not to far a drive to get hooked up on some nice Walleye I bet. Pipelining is definitly a different life but for a lot of people "it just doesn't get any better than this." My Dad explained my situation best one time. He said that when I was a kid I would always push the limits on everything. My Hot Wheels, then bikes and skateboard and dirtbikes and onto fast cars and trucks. Then I found a profession that allowed me to get all the adrenalin I can handle and make a pretty good living. I remember the look on his face said he kinda understood. I guess I should've started running that big iron when I was in forth grade, it might've kept me out of some trouble. Not. And Roddyo, yea those are double jointed. I think they come out of the factory in forty footers but before it gets loaded on a train to come to a job it gets double jointed. If I remember right most of that job the joints are .621 wall thickness with some stretches getting .750 wall. I just love slinging me some big pipe into a bending machine. That's my favorite place to hire out. Runnin wide open all day. Take care all. Bird
Great pics. Thanks fore sharing.