I have just gotten this machine going good and the selector valve froze in the down position it will turn just not come up, so before I tear into it I hope someone has an easier solution. I have a printout on this hoe and it shows a lot but it looks like there is a lot going on with this valve so it would be better to have some experienced person explain it some. This hoe is mounted on an 8n ford and seems to work fine it took some work, but it should be ready for sale soon. Thank . Ron
Amazing, one of the last jobs I bid, and was next to high bidder was a 1 mile water main from the Water Tower to a new well. Small town in western SD. In the bar after the letting I met the low bidder, he was crying, said he had never bid a job before, all he said he had was a Pippen backhoe on an International 300 utility tractor. High bidder never wins,,,,,,,,,,the next afternoon he owned my Drott hydraulic backhoe. I will never forget the name. "PIPPEN". And have never seen one. Guy explain to me it was nothing but hydraulic cylinders and pipe.
There could be something jammed in that spool, if you remove the oil supply/inlet hose, and the hose that is stuck "open" you might be able to blow it back out the way it came in. Hold the valve open when you try this.
Yair . . . "Pippin" was a new one to me too so I went looking and they are out there . . . I thought this looked interesting it has a Pippin on the back . . . . Cheers.
Wow, those tractors are hard to steer with a loader mounted on them, those tracks wouldn't help I wouldn't think. Looks pretty serious though!
You'd be helpless if you didn't have good steering brakes, that's for sure!
thanks thanks for getting back to me on this but it turned out that it was a pressure lock and i let it set for another day and it was okay.
easy to steer Most of the weight is on the back so it steers easy but turning is another matter depending on the terrain brakes can be a must.
An old guy here used to put in service stations and septic tanks way back. When I was 17 I went to his auction. He had an old pippin hoe on an 8n ford with a dozer blade on front. Also a few other machines like a T6 IH loader. His son told me how many stations and tanks they put in with that old machine.
On an 8N Ford:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh? Good brakes:nono? No such animal:jawdrop! I own 2 of em and have done the axle seals and brakes on both. They work but they were never really good brakes! Don't get me wrong. I like em and use em but the weak points on an N series tractor were the flat head engine, gearing (both 1st and reverse are too fast) and only set up for hydraulics on the 3 point. Running a hoe requires a separate pump that generally mounts on the front and drives off the crank pulley. Rick
You think they knew what they were doing when they put the brake pedals flat so you could stand on them. :beatsme
Nope, I don't think they knew what they were doing. Not when you put someone Deb's or Beth's size on em! Rick
Got me thinkin, I may have to look around for somethin like this for my Jubilee. Be great for what I'd use it for
Don't do it! My friend bought a Golden Jubilee (NAA) with loader, (probably Pippen), and backhoe, shop built, but obviously a copy of a pippen. It had a broken rear end casting. He replaced the casting, and moved the backhoe to the rear of an antique tow truck He dubbed it his Tow Hoe. It came at the time of the Don Imus scandal about nappy hoes. He thought he was very clever. It was useless wherever it was mounted. Willie