Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

planning to start moon lighting

hougie ยท 2011-05-12 22:37

Hi all, I'm planning on buying a mini hoe right away, I'm going to moonlight with it at first so that i can keep my steady income coming in until i get my name out. I've got a couple jobs lined up already but not enough to quite. Now that i've explained my life story, i'll get to my question. I'm wondering about insurance? My first couple jobs are going to be trenching in power lines for farm building. What kind of insurance am i going to need to CMA and anyone have an idea of what it might cost? Thanx

Replies3
  1. #1Greg2011-05-27 08:50

    Contractors liability is a must have. You hit something, you bought it. If you are borrowing money to buy the machine I am sure the bank will want it covered in case of theft, fire, weather etc. Here cost of insurnace is based upon yearly sales or payroll depending on the insurance company.

  2. #2CRAFT2011-05-27 21:31

    Moonlighting Huh ! ........ BOY ! .. sure do wish I could subsidize my company income too !

  3. #3Komatsu 1502011-05-28 10:34

    Really get a handle on insurance prices. In the US at least, underground coverage is very pricey.