we bought a delta tilt trailer several years ago, have not been happy with it since day 1. got time this winter, thought i'd build myself own new one. any of you have any plans for, or know where a guy can buy plans for tandem tilt trailers for a skid steer?
northern tool has a bunch of trailer plans. don't know anything about them, other then that they sell them. any reason why you want to build new vs. beef up/ alter your existing trailer?
this trailer is beat, i'll probably reuse axles, subframe and rebuild from there...one of our employees first week we owned it, backed our 863 bobcat clear to the back of the trailer without releasing the lock, bending the upper frame rails REAL bad. and the hydraulics, linkage on the tilt part, are a real piece of ****.
whats wrong with your delta? I have a b&b and its awesome except for that its getting worn at the lock latches and If I dont chain it tight when runnin empty it chatters. Awesome trailer for loading things on, you can load indoor forklifts on it... and other hard to load stuff. Only thing I'd change is to get a deckover next time.
Look at the Butler line. http://www.butlertrailer.com/DisplayPage.aspx?Page=flatbedtrailers.html We have a 12k with a 14' deck. You could run your 843 all the way to the back and it would lift the ass end of your truck off the ground before you damaged the trailer.
here's a pic of it, had it in shop today to lag down tire chains to the deck so we can get our skid steer up on it with the snow/ice for our snow removal...look from the fenders back...the s.o.b. is bent.
Bend it back and beef it up it works (six million dollar man). New lights and paint then fix the odd stuff add some goody's and you will be proud and happy.
Haven't seen plans for a home made one, you just don't see someone doing that anymore? I have a Towmaster tilt and would love to add an extra 4' flat deck but everyone tells me to just buy a new one.
I'll get some pics of mine if I'm allowed to upload pics yet (new member). IIRC it's an old DitchWitch trailer. We intend on duplicating it one day as it's the perfect size for just a bucket and forks setup.
Try the website below. I have used their plans for several trailers. http://www.trailerplans.com/