Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Playing in the dirty stuff

Tradesman ยท 2016-08-10 20:44

Mini and I had kind of a sh!!ty job today. Cleaning the silt out of a sewage aeration pond. You learn not to give the bucket that little shake as you lift out of the pile real fast as you wipe your face off for the second or third time.

Replies2
  1. #1td25c2016-08-10 21:18

    Smells like money to me Tradesman Would that be a holding pond for a home ? I've heard of septic systems that use a small pond for the water . You need a clam shell or drag line bucket for the boom truck Bro !

  2. #2Tradesman2016-08-10 21:43

    No it's a municipal pond. It's the aeration pond so most of the solids are out before they reach this, it is for injecting oxygen into the water before it is released into the water coarse. It had no smell at all. The guys putting the new compressed air lines in needed the silt out around where they where working so they brought in an excavator on short notice and surprise he couldn't reach far enough so i got the call and down into the muck I went, casting as far as I could then dozer blading it to the edge so the excavator could reach.