hello im new to this sight and to excavators. i have a 98 model tb016 and when you swing and let go of lever it dosnt stop straight away it will rock back back and forward. even when the machine isn't running i can rock it back and foward by hand it moves about 10cm (4inch). it has no up and down movement in the swing bearing. what could this be and is it a easy fix. also where could i get a pdf workshop manual for it?
I thought I read on this forum sometime ago about a couple of takeuchi models that the swing motor mounting bolts could come loose and cause that problem.
Where in Aus are you? Adam.
In adelaide
Are you talking about slewing left and right. The tolerance for my TB138FR is 100mm +/- 55mm to give you a rough idea. To do a slew check, slew 180 degrees and let go of the control. The amount you continue to move is the over run. Adam.
Yes slewing left and right. I live in sa adelaide
Try tradebit for a manual. https://www.tradebit.com/filesharing.php/search/0/tb016
This is a video of the play https://youtu.be/2FvefNlIXvM
Hi there ictrans, I live in Brisbane and have been running 3.5t excavators for a number of years and after watching your video I would say you have a fair bit of wear between the slew motor "pinion gear" and the "slew ring gear", probably normal given the hours and age of your Tacky. I understand it's a pretty major job to repair that,and to my knowledge there is certainly no adjustment in that area, just replacement of parts is the only way out, that's after you remove the whole top of the excavator. Regards, diga.
It doesn't look great, but i once looked at buying a cheap 3 ton with worse play, i wouldn't be surprised if it keeps working fine like that for a long time, i think if you get the work shop manual there would be acceptable limit for that play, and would give you an idea of whats normal for the machine. Its prob a very expensive job to get it fixed. But i would get the manual and find out, as it would prob be a little annoying having that much play, especially if you using it a lot. I don't really know if this is possible, but maybe you could try to move the swing motor a little closer. You would have to look at it and see.
Have a look at the cost of a slew motor pinion gear. You may be able to reduce the play. Also, it there's a cover plate under the machine, remove it and confirm where the play is. Adam.
I would be willing to bet the swing motor bolts are backed out or missing compleatly I am a Takeuchi tech and see it all the time in the 016s
https://youtu.be/e3qLjmy2Nb0 Which motor is the swing motor is it the blue one or the black one under the hydraulic lines
There should only be one with a sprocket that engages the slewing gear. The other one should be the swivel. I think it's the blue motor but it's hard to tell in the video