Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Please explain CAT 325BL bucket linkages

Wibble ยท 2016-02-01 20:47

Good day to one and all, Would someone be good enough to explain to me what the differences are between "C", "CB" & "DB" linkages when talking about CAT 325BL buckets. Many thanks for your time and effort. All the best, Martin

Replies11
  1. #1Shimmy12016-02-02 02:04

    I don't know exact specifics, but pin size, center to center, and spread all come into play.

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2016-02-02 02:26

    You will find help in this thread HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3Wibble2016-02-02 14:37

    Good morning/evening/whatever to both Shimmy and Jerry, Thanks to you for chipping in here. Yes I had seen that thread but had apparently overlooked the value of StumpyWally's spreadsheet, I'll go back and download it in a few minutes. I did find this http://www.flanneryplanthire.com/pin-sizes.php to be very useful. What I don't get is when we speak about "B", "C" and "D" families etc because I have a bucket supplier who is asking me if the 325BL is a "B", "CB" or "DB" linkage :beatsme

  4. #4Nige2016-02-02 14:46

    If you want to know what linkage is on a particular machine then post the Serial Number. The info is not hard to find.

  5. #5Wibble2016-02-02 14:52

    Was that "four candles"?

  6. #6Wibble2016-02-02 14:56

    "8RR00583 / ARGT: 102-4722" is as good as I can get from the machine owner.

  7. #7Nige2016-02-02 14:57

    Or was that ......... "No. Fork handles - handles for forks"..? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGpaj2nHIo

  8. #8Nige2016-02-02 15:01

    Machine Serial Number 8RR00583 left the factory on 17/04/2000 with a Part Number 137-0916 C Family bucket linkage installed. Unless it has been modified since then that's what it still has .......

  9. #9Wibble2016-02-02 15:13

    Once again, I don't know how to thank you enough Nige! For CAT info ...... but also, and primarily, for having brought the Ronnies back into my daily existence after having spent 40 years in the comical doldrums of South Pacific island life. "Nod nod, wink wink, say no more, nod's as good as a wink to a ........... "

  10. #10Nige2016-02-02 15:53

    You need exposure to Open All Hours as well .........

  11. #11Wibble2016-02-02 16:40

    Well I never did! ........ I left England in '76 and completely missed that, better late than never! :notworthy