I recently acquired a Case 580 Super K Construction King that i have the serial number for however i do not know what year model it is and i am trying to get full seal kits to fix her up. Anyhelp is appreciated if anyone can figure out what year model she is... From what I have been able to fin so far, she was mfr'd between 1991-1994. She needs a full overhaul as she is pretty rough on the internals, found her sitting in a field, seals are all rotted, gauges partially work and she runs like an old woman needing morning coffee..... Suprisingly, yes with a fresh battery and new fuel, she cranked right up after she was fed some fuel and being in this mans back 40 acres for about the last 12 years with the buckets full of water and a winterized fuel tank... meaning someone drained it years ago so thankfully its not rusted out. tires were a little dry rotted but none the less still aired up and rollin... PS I can get pics loaded if desired... if they will help or you fellas just want to check out her undercarriage. Serial number on front left facing from cab to front loader. JJG0176205 First time on this site and I have read a bunch of posts before i joined. To say the least I think I found a second family here. Thank you for your time and any assistance that can be given. Respectfully, Chrome Wolf
I know it's nice to know when a machine was built but I don't think it should be important when buying parts. You already know the two most important things model number and S/N. If Case is anything like Cat the S/N is many time more important than year of manufacture as often running changes are made and the only way to tell which parts you need is to refer to S/N.
try TRACTORDATA.COM may find out HP and other things
The s/n is good to have on any piece of equipment, but if you can read the part numbers on the end of the cylinder where rod comes out called the gland that will help a lot more especially for cylinders.
Looks to be a 93, according to this site anyway - http://orangefox.svs.com:8080/HeavyEquipmentInformation/?r=n
Would have to agree on that, especially if you don't know the history on the machine. Never know what someone might have swapped in to "get her going" in a hurry one night!
It is definitely a 1995.
That's true. true