Hey folks . My customer has a D6ASA900365 WITH transmission part number 577-8203. The drive portion of the shaft broke off. The first stage gears are blue and chewed up. I suspect some wanna be ran it with no oil in the transmission. I am trying to find a aftermarket replacement for the 577- 8203 pump. Anyone know where I can get a aftermarket replacement pump?
Also would like to share that the same machine has broke the pump drive spline shaft 2 times now. This time the first stage of the pump seized up. I do know some kid was working on it prior to failure and couldn't get it to move. The next day I saw him dumping buckets of oil in it and then it moved again. On the next job it started having multiple transmission faults and them failed to move any at all when the pump broke. I'm trying to find a replacement aftermaket pump but so far all my resources don't have it.
Welcome to the HEF. Shame on the mess. I hope the pump is the only thing wrong, but I doubt it. That’s a fairly unique pump, I doubt you will find a aftermarket replacement for that one.
Ouch! Have you pulled the screen and magnet?
I will be pulling the sump and washing it out with diesel.
I would be doing a lot of investigating before I threw another pump on it!!
This......˄˄˄˄˄˄˄ For a kickoff I would suggest:- 1. Remove all three screens (converter scavenge, trans magnetic, & trans suction) and inspect them. Photo whatever material you find, clean and replace. See the attachment. 2. Remove the transmission filter and do a filter cut. Inspect the bottom of the filter media pleats for any sort of particles, metallic or otherwise. See this VIDEO that explains the process in case you are unfamiliar with it. I may be wrong but I think you may struggle to find an aftermarket transmission pump for a model that recent. TBH with the past history of pump failure(s) I wouldn't like to complicate things by using an unknown quantity pump while trying to troubleshooting the rest of the transmission. When installing a replacement pump it would be advisable to bleed the system to avoid the possibility of a dry start. Can I ask where you got that number from.? I see a slightly different Part Number based on the machine Serial Number. Is the 577-8203 an updated pump in some way.?