Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Please help with Bobcat S175 and a snowblower. We just got 15 inches of snow…

a5t1 ยท 2015-12-18 09:16

I have a 2003 Bobcat S175 with a bobcat snowblower (non-high flow model, motor on SB matches for non high flow). First time I've used the aux hydraulics: I push the var/max flow button and the light comes on. I pull the right trigger and the auger on the SB will start turning. Then sometimes it will work for 5 min. Sometimes 3 seconds. The light will go off and the auger will stop. I can push the aux hyd. button and it will come back on, the process keeps repeating. I don't have any error codes on the machine. I'm also at least 2 hours from any bobcat dealer. Can someone help?

Replies6
  1. #1a5t12015-12-18 09:18

    I looked at the sight glass the the hydro fluid is a little less then half way. That check ball is resting on the bottom of the sight glass... FWIW

  2. #2a5t12015-12-18 11:08

    If I disconnect the snowblower and turn on the aux hydo, push the right trigger I can hear the pump turn on and it stays on...

  3. #3crewchief8882015-12-18 17:36

    7 pin or 14 pin? :drinkup

  4. #4a5t12015-12-18 21:07

    It's a 7 pin. In short I could run the aux hydo w/o the attachment and it was fine. I think left the electrical connector disconnected from the snowblower. I couldn't control the chute but the aux hydro would stay running. Turns out the harness on the snowblower (SB200) was chaffed and the wires were shorting out.

  5. #5willie592015-12-18 22:48

    Yep, that would do it, good to hear you got it sorted out. :drinkup Just out of curiosity, did you hear three beeps from the alarm when it flipped out?

  6. #6a5t12015-12-19 11:05

    No, no beeping. It would just turn off like I pushed the button. Glad that's all it was. Wish the PO of the snowblower would have told me. Just finished using it again with no problems.