Can anybody tell me what this is and what it's used for?
I tried googling the name on the side, but it's not very clear and did not have any luck when trying potential names (Apoco, Aroco, etc.).
Looks like it could have been a skidder of some kind
Looks like it was made for running in very soft ground! Appears also to be six wheel drive, with planetary drives in all wheels.
Thanks. Any idea about the name on the side?
It looks like it may be a log forwarder with the bunks removed.
Off road transport, or most of it anyhow.... http://www.ardco.net/products/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ardco&utm_content=Ardco%20(E)&utm_campaign=Search%20-%20Brand%20-%20US Ed
Being Where you and I are From, "excavator" ….. That was exactly my first guess Too !!! ….. But after looking at the link posted from Bumpsteer, it also makes sense !!!
I'd guess it for what ever you want to take where you are going. Just the basic machine before options are put on.