Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Plowed a little snow today

JTL ยท 2008-12-30 23:41

My mom called me last night and asked me again if I could get my old logger boss's blade to open up thier driveway. This happens every year when I'm home for Christmas break. Her nieghbors that plow the 3/4 mile long drive with their pickups, cant seem to remember the last winter, and dont push the snow back far enough to start with. All it takes is about 6 dumps, and the road is only about a pickup width wide. So I gave him a call last night and he said no problem. All it cost me was to fill up the fuel tank when I was done. A whole 65 bucks. And I had to drink a few cold ones with him, but it was worth it.:drinkup Hes a good dude! Got hers done and went and did mine. I'm to cheap to hire some one to plow, and usally just four by to get in and out. Heres a few pics from moms road.

Replies3
  1. #1Grader4me2008-12-31 05:49

    Looks like you got it shoved back well. Nice chain on the front wheel. Does he have them on all of the rear tires as well?

  2. #2MKTEF2008-12-31 06:03

    You're the first i've seen over there, with chains in the same design as we have used for many years. Maybee a Tellefsdal chain sold by the local importer/produser.(Gunnebo industries)

  3. #3JTL2008-12-31 10:25

    He has a full set for the rear like the ones on the front. I tooke em off though cause I had to road the blade about 20 miles. I left the front one on and ran it down the shoulder. When I got to where I was plowing I just put a set on the front drivers. He buys those chains from White Mountian Chain, Bonners Ferry, Idaho they are Trygg Chains-Studs on the road! When I first worked for him 8 years ago we were running them old ladder chains, and would run through about 4 sets a winter. Bought a set of Trygg's. One set lasted dang near 2 winters. Kinda hard to beat that! Jason