Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

plowing with 740

len740 ยท 2009-12-11 20:46

plowing

Replies12
  1. #1len7402009-12-11 20:49

    more plowing with 740 more plowing

  2. #2Grader4me2009-12-11 21:42

    Great pictures! Betcha you had to work at that for awhile! Holy crap..that much snow already. Will you have to get a loader in there eventually to shove it back? Looks like a real problem area..

  3. #3len7402009-12-11 21:54

    grader4me, yes a bit of shoveing here always a problem;no loader just good ol grader power and determination.

  4. #4stock2009-12-12 02:36

    Shoot you boy get all the nice stuff? Nice pictures keep'em coming please.

  5. #5Grader4me2009-12-12 05:07

    I hear ya..How do you manage to keep the marker/flag on the point of your one way? I find the flags don't last very long. Your shelf looks really good..by the width of it, I take it your wing extends? maybe digger or one of the Mods can place all of these plowing snow posts into one thread? Make it a lot easier to follow along..

  6. #6OCR2009-12-12 05:59

    more plowing with 740: Nah, a good ol' JD 750c dozer , would take care of that, right fast... Joy stick control for the hydrostatic drive, of course... OCR

  7. #7len7402009-12-12 13:33

    grader4me;yes wing extends manually,sheer pins hold in position.good benching hight and width.you can push alot of snow with one way or vee plow when too deep;thats when it gets interesting.old 740 is now sold.a 2009 . 870g deere is now here plow; wing and rear ripper.plowed other day for first time with it, works well lots of steam and grunt!!. will post pics soon.

  8. #8len7402009-12-12 13:38

    stock;thanks i'll try to soon when i remember camera"""""""""""""

  9. #9Orchard Ex2009-12-12 19:52

    I beat him to it. Digger's getting slow these days.

  10. #10stock2009-12-13 03:05

    Orhard Ex should it not be "Noli nothi permittere te terere."

  11. #11Orchard Ex2009-12-13 10:36

    It's part of the charm....

  12. #12Grader4me2009-12-13 10:36

    Thanks Orchard! Yeah, I would imagine when I reach his age I'll be slowing down a bit to..