I have 16.9-24 12 ply rear tire on the 210LE that has a plug from the original owner. It must also be filled with calcium chloride because it's leaking green stuff. It looses about 10psi in about 3-4 days and leaves a green spot every revolution of the tire. I'd kind'a like to fix it...though it's just a small PITA. Just a couple of questions... 1.) Would you just ream out the old plug and re-do with a new plug 2.) Have it repaired correctly 3.) How much can you expect to pay to have someone come out and fix it? OR...drive it to town (10 miles) 4.) What about the calcium chloride (or what ever is in it), is that a major PITA to R&R...Expensive? Not that it needs to be done ASAP, just thinking ahead.
Why don't you find out how much it would cost to have someone come out? I have never had it done, but heard they are all setup to pump the calcium out, break the bead and patch the tire and do it all off their truck out in the field.
Green stuff? is that a tire seal slime? or does it taste salty? Does the tire valve core spit out thick salty water? I'd be surprised if it had calcium in it, didn't this come from Sacramento? You could put a patch on the inside of the tire or add a tube. Either would be a bit of a pain to get the slime out, calcium would be easier to me, but I doubt it's calcium.
Chloride isnt green it might have a leak stopping product in it like slime your tire guy will know it its chloride filled and needs to be pumped out Its best to have it patched properly its much cheaper to bring it to town we pretty much expect the service call to cost around $200 compared to 50 ish to bring one in you will have to call your tire shop to see what your best option is One problem with chloride in the tires is rusting the rims and that can lead to another service call if the rim has to be blasted and repaired before he can finish To re plug it you would just push though the old plug and try another understanding that it might fix it or make the situation worse
Huh, didn't think of it being slime. It's not the color of slime, but that's not saying it isn't some kind of sealant. Good thinking! Na, I didn't taste it...tink I'll pass...LOL Ya, it came from Sac, I was thinking of the green liquid as ballast. I worked i a place when I was a kid and they used CC as a ballast rather than water cause they said it heavier per volume than water. Is it unusual to add ballast when there are already wheel weights and a big body weight on the rearend. If so then it's most likely sealant for the leaky tire. Thanks Delmer
I've used these with great success!
IF it did have calcium chloride in a tubeless tire the wheels will be rusted junk in a few years. If it were mine I would take the tire completely off and clean everything and put a tube in it.
I've used #12 ***. metals screws for nail holes because that was handy some I left in until the tire was replaced. Or ream the hole with a drill ( because it's real hard to ream by hand) and double up on the plugs i found plugs for radial tires work the best. Never heard of anyone ever putting calcium in a BH tire.
Plug it or boot it from the inside , 80$ maybe. Its a plug you pull thru from the inside that has a patch that covers the inside as well. Kind of a 2 for 1 repair.
I agree that the green stuff has to be liquid tire sealant. I've never seen a tubeless tire mounted wet (with calcium), not a good practice. probably $80 to $100 to get it taken off & patched. The tire guy is not going to be happy about all that green snot in there either.
Tire sealant most likely considering it also has a plug. Plug with a boot if the holes not too bad and add an inner tube if the hole is bad.
Could be water mixed with green auto antifreeze .
Yeah, he has a skip loader, no backhoe changes the weight for using the front loader. I see calcium even with weights and a ballast box. But I'm in WI farming country.
Well, it's pretty much green snot and replacing the old rope plug was not successful. I swear, I've never seen snot or slime do anything but make a mess. It's just wishful thinking in a bottle. Got the old rope out and reamed the hole with a drill (something smaller than 1/4") washed with contact cleaner, installed a single rope and it still seeps...identified with SNOOP. Gonna try two ropes tomorrow and a gob more glue. Checked around today and it's about $75 if they have the tractor in the shop and $250 to come out with a service truck. Round trip to the tire shop is 26 miles.
I've had to do a few over in the past and my fill of goop as well with 1 tire a while back. Good luck with doubling up the plugs it's worked for me in the past. Hard to get the plugs all the way to the inside on thick tires before twisting and pulling back out but it can be done. Hope you manage service calls are expensive here to.
Around here they will come out and fix a bigger tire on the machine cheaper than taking it to town. On the machine it is stationary and the truck is set up to pop the bead and remove it while the machine is holding it. In the shop they have to fight it. I guess it boils down to how the shop is set up to do the job.
I take it they want the tire on the tractor. Any idea of cost with just the wheel and tire taken in? Nice thing about fixing on the machine is that you don't have to check wheel lug nuts for the next week or so.
Well, had a guy come out. No way plugs were gonn'a get it going. Came out as soon as I called, did it on the tractor leaving the wheel in place, bailed out about a gallon of green crap. No Calcium and the wheel looked like new. Threw a patch on the inside...done in 45 minutes $220.00 and threw him a tip for being so much help. Glad it's frigg'n done...
:thumbsup good some times you just have to bight the bullet.