Where can I get plugs for hydraulic lines? I need to see if my master cylinder for my brakes is working. I wanted to close both lines to see if it is holding pressure or by-passing on my Lull.l When I hit the brakes they work a little but then go to the floor I rebuilt the wet drive line disc brake seals and put redi-sleeve on the yoke. Then I left the machine for a while (year +-) Now the brakes don't work. I have done the drive-line brakes before no problem. Not sure if I did something wrong there or the master is going bad from sitting. I tried bleeding them and got fluid and no air from them in short order. Brakes run on system hydraulic oil. The master has a cap on top should I try to fill it from there? With is pumpimg fluid I guess that will do no real good? I can take a few pictures tomorrow to make my problem more clear. Lull/JLG has no rebuild kit for the master any more but do have a new one for 995 Any tips where seals could be searched up? It was Minnesota brake Company I think but will look tomorrow. Thanks
Please send some pics of this critter.
OK! thanks a million and as usual you are always a great help and I really appreciate the time you take in sharing your knowledge. rofessor :drinkup:drinkup
Hey, a dead machine ain't nuthin' but an elaborte ship anchor! Gotta keep 'em goin'.
Is it a Lull with just brakes on the front wheels and the rears steer? or 4 wheel steering?
If they are JIC lines you need to plug you could put a little BB size ball bearing in the fitting and snug it down. It's cheap.
[img=http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7210/mastercylinder844minnau.th.jpg] ... [img=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9461/mastercylindertopview84.th.jpg] [img=http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3122/mastercylinderpiston844.th.jpg] boot on other machine [img=http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7567/mastercylinderboot844.th.jpg] [img=http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2533/lull844sideview.th.jpg]
:Bangheadcompany is still in business when I searched Mico, I was searching Minn Auto before stupid me. http://www.mico.com/servicelit/index.php?PHPSESSID=60eb48bce0b08c50704eba6055577e36 I guess I can get a rebuild kits I hope, even though the dealers said no only a new master cylinder. I'll call them Monday to see. edit dug further and found this http://www.mico.com/products/images/34_docfile.pdf not sure if any are mine, one looks close. I will call them and redo all of my 3 844's machines and check the 1044B. Found list of dealers also.
If your brakes aren't working, that master cylinder is the first thing I'd replace. There should be a number stamped on it, but it might be difficult to find it with it mounted on the machine and with all the paint on it. If you call Mico, they should be able to help you out. Is that line connected to the top a hyd oil line? If so, you have to specify your replacement parts must be hyd oil compatible, not DOT brake fluid.
yes goes to the hydraulic tank. Thanks for the help keep you all posted. I emailed the pictures to the dealer in PA.
So after all this I ask the same dealer again if there is a rebuild kit available when I was ordering a rim and now he said yes there is a kit available. They are usually real good with parts but not this time. 33 bucks each so I got three. Now I have the Mico dealer asking the Mico factory also and I am now No clue if the kit comes with a new boot so I need them anyway if the factory has them. They have something that looks close in any case. If they have them I guess I jiust buy them too. :Banghead I hate yelling help and people try to help you and then say I found the parts Any how I will believe I have them when they are installed. If they last as long as they did from new I'll be dirt napping :tong Thanks all for the help I'll post when I tear them down, well the one that is not working at present.