Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Plz help bobcat code

MSAYEGH ยท 2015-01-12 20:07

Hello i'm new to this forum i really need your help My dad owns a 2003 bobcat 337 excavator with keyless code ignition he needs to change the password fearing unothorised usage and theft , I couldnt find anywhere a manual or anything regarding ths matter , if you can give me information it would be great, Best regards M sayegh

Replies6
  1. #1Ronsii2015-01-12 22:03

    The procedure for a similar 337 is: enter your owner code, (do not start machine) after the beep press and hold enter code button for 3 secs. after code1 appears you can push it again to change which operator code you want... code1 code2 code3 punch in new 4 digit code and it will beep twice and display rpeat, punch it in again and it will beep twice and your good to go. this is what I remember for a couple of machines so should work... if you don't have an owner code you will have to go to the dealer as they have a master code.

  2. #2willie592015-01-12 22:19

    I think you pretty much have it Ronsii, you have an owner code, and with that code you can set several "operator" codes for different persons. If you don't have the owner code you have to go to Bobcat to get the master code. With the master code you can change owner code and operator codes.

  3. #3MSAYEGH2015-01-13 04:54

    Hello thank you for your inputs very much but I have a problem , I changed the codes from code 0 to code 3 now the new code I'm using works but the old code that we used to use still works also , old code came with the excevator , I need to change it too ... Sayegh

  4. #4Ronsii2015-01-13 23:29

    If you mean the 'owner' code then you have to take it to a dealer to be changed, the owner code is only for the owners use and should never be given out to other operators that is what the operator codes are for.

  5. #5MSAYEGH2015-01-14 09:59

    Thank you for your replies one last question , can I change the owner's code if I have it? Or do I need a master code?

  6. #6willie592015-01-14 19:34

    Master code will change owner code and user (operator) codes. You have to get the master code from Bobcat dealer. Owner code will only change user (operator) codes.