Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Poclain 60 cl

sandyman ยท 2015-06-09 05:28

Great forum with lots of information. Been a lurker up until joining. Recently picked up my first piece of heavy equipment. Don't know what year but it appears to be a Poclain 60 which I found the mechanics manual for. Anyone know how to deciper the serial numbers on these machines? Top cylinder is off to be repacked. Great running 4 cyl Duetz 912

Replies3
  1. #1AntonioRocha2015-06-09 11:17

    Those old Deutz engines 912 series, are great engines, just keep those air refrigerated heads and radiators clean, but cant say the same thing about the rest of the machine, I remeber of having two of those and no one missed them. They where the first hydraulic excavators, they gave alot of problems

  2. #2sandyman2015-06-09 11:52

    It should be a good machine for around the farm. Everthing works ok on it. Do you happen to have a operators manual? I am trying to figure our how to change the track speed.

  3. #3sandyman2015-06-30 10:20

    Figured out how to change the track speed! Large "shifter" behind the seat. All the hydraulics are much faster/more responsive. Got the repaired cylinder back and installed. No more leaks! Turns out the last work on cylinder, someone put standard sized parts in instead of the metric sizes required. And they left out some backer rings which is probably why it leaked. I thought $180 for complete gland repack, piston seal with me delivering to their shop was a decent price. But what do I know this the first time I've paid for a repack, any thoughts on the cost?