Hi, having trouble with selector lever. Only works in first position. While waiting for seal to come for the swing motor I was working on the wiring, it started and pumped oil all over. Fixed seal filled oil, started up and that's when I noticed no action on other settings. Thought it was air, bled off what I thought would be the right lines...no luck. Anyone out there know what to do next?
Your large two section pump has a bleeder screw in the top center part of the pump, loosen it and let the oil flow out until there is no air bubbles. You have three settings on your selector lever, (0) is your working position and receives all three pump flows. (1) is the handling position with two pump flows to the tank giving you the heavy lift and slower speeds on all functions. (2) Is the travelling position and all three flows are use for travel.
Thank you so much! Will give that a go on weekend...hoping thats it...sounds right.
Hi, hope yor still around...I loosened the 19 mm bolt on top, few bubbles then solid oil flow. This is with the machine shut off. Would I try that with pump running, just crack the bolt watch for air...would the air not just work thru the system? The tank is not pressurized...thanks,
Yes you are correct on the gravity feed, did the bleeding of the air help any on the two main pumps. The small gear pump on the front should bleed itself also. If you follow the pressure line from the small gear pump to the oil driven hyd cooler motors, there should be a tee that sends the oil to a pressure regulator valve that maintains a 13 bar pressure going to the selector valve in the cab. From the cab it goes to the valve bank S26 which facing the linkage side has a outlet plate with a controlled selector, bucket section, stick section, boom section with a adjustable relief valve (small chamber side) and a adjustable relief valve heavy lifting (large chamber side), inlet plate consisting of a controlled selector/safety valve and adjustable regulator. In the 0 position neither end section is controlled, position 1 inlet and heavy lifting relief are controlled, position 2 both the inlets and outlets are controlled along with the heavy lift relief. You could have a problem at the cooling motors and beyond not keeping enough back pressure to maintain that 13 bar needed to supply the controller in the cab. This is just thinking out loud, I have not worked on a 150 in 25yrs but may be able to steer you in the right direction.
Hi and thanks for the quick response...have not started it to try after the bleed, raining hard here...this unit has 4 clicks on the selector...when I replaced o ring it had 4 divets in the cylinder thing...not sure if that matters they worked before. I'm going to follow your latest post and see where things go...when I had it running beforehand I crack off the lines at the selector I only got pressure on one port, the others had oil action but not like the single one...should I have it running when I bleed off the main pump as you suggested? Thanks again, supposed to quit raining today...
You should bleed the air form the pump with the engine off and then close the bleeder. Start your engine and try it. I was thinking the selector only had three clicks, one line should have pressure all the time coming in the bottom with the engine running. As you move the lever it should direct the oil in # 1 and #2 position. Need to start it and see if the bleeding of the pump made a difference before jumping to more thoughts.
Yes...the bleeding gave me some response, when I crack the bleed bolt air comes out, not much but still about three seconds then oil...is this the way, stop bleed...start move bucket boom and use different selector positions, then stop and bleed...your thoughts are appreciated
Played with this bleeding, air every time so I guess just continue...the response is better now able to lift heavy in second position...crowd is slow..to non responsive. Now able to move tracks and lift at same time. Not great but getting better. I know she took on a lot of air, does the tank level rise and fall by about 5 gallons or so when in use? She sure can lift...
Good to hear the bleeding has helped, that machine holds around 95 gallons with the tank holding close to 55 gallons. Most would drop some after running, how much do you think you pumped out on the ground to start with ?. I would put that back in it asap and top off, the machine should be level and all cylinders at the half way, bucket on the ground, stick straight down, oil should be half way in the sight glass.
Yes on the bleeding, bleed/run/bleed/run and so on. Most would bleed out with 2/3 bleeds and I would not run it up to the max until I was sure most of the air was out. It turns at around 2300 on that engine. It may work it's air out but with the age and cost of those pumps better to take it slow.
Yes befor we did anything we topped it up after the spill. Glad to hear about the rpm cause I was taking it easy thinking the same. Today I did the bleed and run and it does seem to Be helping...going to work now so it will be on hold till next weekend. Thank you very much...but please don't leave me now!, lol. I bled it about 8 times so far and got a shot of air all times...may very well take some time.
Hello again, still bleeding but not getting much air...still not responding like it did in the other three settings. Works well in the first setting, but still slow in other three. Any other things I could try? Thanks.
It's going to slow speed down in the other functions some. Does the high speed work on the travel? Have been working a lot and not had the time to do much posting the last few weeks.
Hi! No worries on time thing...damn day job buggers up my week too. Travel is different in other settings, not blowing my hair back, but a difference. Will it harm her to work in position one if it appears to function ok...if I get a lift that is heavy I used the second to lift, which seemed to help but the crowd is slow...that was last week...see what goes on today, thanks Sheepfoot...