I have a Greenlee hydraulic pole tamper that I'd like to use with my SVL95-2s. Tamper has a 2000psi limit and 7 gpm. I would run it at low idle but not sure if that will limit flow enough. Of more concern is pressure, don't want to blow the seals on the tamper. Will a pressure relief valve work? If so, what type, and how would it be plumbed? I'm guessing it has an open center hydraulic system but I don't know. Talked to Kubota but they were Not helpful. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Do you have selectable flow rates factory installed ?? If so go into your settings preset yourself one to the flow specs you need..
I was told that was only available with hi-flow, which I don't have
At 2000 psi, I am not sure what machine that is supposed to run on. Everyone's machine makes at least 3K if not 3500 psi without highflow. I am not sure running at idle would be sufficient to keep from blowing seals, maybe it would, but I doubt it, certainly not over time. It would be worth seeing the specs of the high flow version ,perhaps it would be better suited to a current regular flow machine. As a point of comparison, the 1845C ran at 2500 psi and 17 gpm.
I do not thank the emissions systems on your machine like to run a low RPM. Believe I would buy a flow control valve with a regulator. Northern Tool has one, # 69823. Mount it on the driver and tee it to the pressure and return lines. Run the engine at the RPM your want, 1500 or so? Have the relief valve fully open and slowly close it until you get to the desired flow. Yes this requires a flow meter to be plumbed in and check it while pounding posts as well. If you have a needle valve after your flow meter with a pressure gauge, which is plumbed before the driver but after the line to the flow control valve, you can slowly close it to find the relief valve pressure setting. Then adjust it to what you want. Now double check everything I said. Read and reread every warning about working on hydraulic systems you can find. You only have two eyes! I thank that will work well but all others please correct me as you see fit.
Tenwheeler, Thanks for the reply. Kubota is real hesitant to tell me anything and is pretty much discouraging from doing it.... corporate policy line.
I wonder how much heat your going to build up restricting the flow with a valve of some kind. The cooling system Is designed with flow and capacity in mind. Its crazy how hot lines get on equipment using a flow meter to put a load on a system for diagnostics. Im sure kubota is not telling you much since they don't want to tell you to do something that results in a failure and not to mention there is usually only one or two guys at any dealer that actually understand the system as a whole to give you any real advise.
There are a couple companies the make kits designed to run hand tools off skids or backhoes/skip loaders.
This is adding on a sub assembly to regulate pressure and flow for an attachment. The attachment requires much less pressure and flow then what the machine produces. Restricting the flow tough the sub assembly has nothing to do with the main line pressure and flow. The machine system can fully bypass fluid the same as when a cylinder is dead ended and the control is held. The additional valve does two functions. It bypasses fluid after what the driver attachment needs and has variable adjustment for the GPM that goes to it. It also has a pressure relief valve for the driver attachment.
Thanks tenwheeler. That makes perfect sense. Is this post tamper designed for a tractor FEL. In mind ?? Those requirements seem awfully low for an attachment designed with skid steer use. Our older Danuser had a wide range from like 18-30 gpms if remember correctly. Kinda sucks you got to install extra stuff to run the driver right out of the box.
That's not a skid attachment, Greenlee makes electrician/lineman tools, a pole tamper is a little narrow hand held jackhammer sorta tool used to tamp direct bury power poles, normally you'd run it off the tool circuit on a pole truck or a little gas powered HPU.
O heck. I thought it was a drop type post driver my bad..... That make sense now why its so far off..