Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Posi-track adjustment troubles

Hunna · 2024-12-22 19:39

So I’ve got a terex pt-50 that has had two valves adjusted that has caused a loss of the controls some how. I would like to know how to get these two valves back to the correct settings, I’ve searched for information on them and have come up short. I’ll attach pictures of the valves in question, they are both on the left hand side of the tandem pump if your looking from the front of the machine. The valves were adjusted because of low charge pressure, pressure was read with a 5000psi gauge and was showing 200 psi. I have since found out that that gauge wouldn’t accurately read that low of a pressure so I have an order in for a 500psi gauge.

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632024-12-23 07:53

    The second pic is a servo piston stop. It's unlikely that adjustment. That first pic I believe is a high-pressure relief. I would start there by running it in a half turn and see if its actions start to improve. It would be preferable to have a pressure gauge installed so you know where the system is at.

  2. #2Hunna2024-12-23 08:15

    Thank you, i have a pressure gauge on the charge pressure port but that’s not gonna read the high pressure stuff. I’ll look into finding somewhere to tie in a gauge on the high pressure side.

  3. #3f311fr12024-12-26 12:45

    Track Loader Parts will have free manuals you can download.

  4. #4Hunna2025-01-25 15:49

    Fixed! Thank you for the info and advice problem was in the pressure relief in the 1st picture. Messed with that along with the correct pressure gauge and it regained movement and controls.

  5. #5Hunna2025-01-25 15:51

    Also good to note that a 5500psi gauge will not read pressures under 500! It sat at 200 and didn’t move the 500psi gauge showed 380 and went to 420 with same setting on the relief.