Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Potential New Volumetric Concrete Owner/Operator

Ramgrad · 2021-08-16 20:45

Hey guys, Newbie here looking for any feedback on volumetric mixers. I am considering buying my own truck and was curious if there are other owner/operators on here and what experiences they could share. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952021-08-16 21:19

    Welcome to the Forums Ramgrad! No experience with on-site mixers but use a company here from time to time that has several trucks and it's great for what we do since we only need a yard or two for manhole inverts or pipe kickers. Company we use seems to be doing very, very well. Good business to get into depending on the local market and competition.

  2. #2Ramgrad2021-08-17 16:12

    Thanks for quick feedback! Saw a member named theironoracle looked into it but decided it wasn’t for him. Really nervous to pull the trigger only to go belly up in a few months!

  3. #3crane operator2021-08-17 16:53

    "theironoracle" actually did buy a plant and ran it for a while. It ended up not working out for him in his area. I think he ran it around a year. HeavyEquipmentForums Post #369 he talks about getting out, he's back running his service truck. HeavyEquipmentForums Second thread has pictures of his plant.

  4. #4Ramgrad2021-08-17 21:16

    Yes I’d love to talk to him about it but I don’t have the option to direct message members yet. I’ve got availability to fill up at a batch plant so would just have the upfront truck cost. Still, it’s not cheap and I have a good job so trying to be as sure as I can. The ol’ leap of faith conundrum!