Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Power Bobtach for S185

jloven14 ยท 2023-01-02 19:33

I was wondering how difficult / expensive to add the power bobtach setup to my s185. I am changing attachments more and more now it seems. I actually got an electric linear actuator arm and made one that worked for a while, but the arm kept wanting to bend under any pressure and I finally broke it last week. It was a cheap fix that worked ok, but I know the hydraulic version will suit me much better. I thought about picking up a diverter valve and just using the tilt function on the loader. I did want to see just how difficult the install would be and what kind of cost to install the valve and hoses. Thanks for any advice. Also, would it be worthwhile to find one off a salvage unit?

Replies3
  1. #1lastchancegarage2023-01-05 18:41

    Looking at my S300 you would need the control valve, attached at back of pump, and two lines from the valve through the boom to the bobtach. Probably not a big deal but I'd hate to have to attach the valve on the pump.

  2. #2jloven142023-01-05 19:35

    I found a valve that I think will work. I assume I need some sort of wiring harness to control the valve. Any idea of the part number or a diagram? I would assume you pull power from the fuse box to the switch, then directly to the valve. I wonder if the wiring might already be there in the harness???

  3. #3lastchancegarage2023-01-05 19:56

    I use the bobcatpartsonline website. Input your serial number and away you go. You don't need an electric switch. You could use a manual control, inline. I'd guess the wiring is already in the machine, if you want to go that way. Wiring diagrams on the parts website also.