Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Power Bobtach not working- T650

steve whiteside ยท 2018-01-24 18:07

Gents, I have a new to me 2013 T650 with 1700 hours. I searched and saw a thread about power babtach not working but it related to the cylinder not operating. My cylinder operates and the pins try to move however they have a hard time making it all of the way. If I can get it to have levers all the way down then it does not seem to be able to get levers all the way up and vice versa. I CAN get it to work both ways if a do a lot of re-postioning of the brand-new bobcat bucket. But it takes maybe 5-10 trys to get it to go. Any ideas? As a side note the cylinder (shiny part) feels hot after messing with the open close 10 times over to minutes. Not sure if this is normal either. steve

Replies8
  1. #1steve whiteside2018-01-24 18:46

    try this for video https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0qG6XBubGFrtXK you might need to copy and paste that link. Thanks for trying anyway. it certainly seems like a lot of slop in that mechanism. steve

  2. #2bobcat12018-01-24 22:04

    Have you tried taking the bucket off, roll bobtach ahead flat on ground and clean the slip way for the locks and greasing them? Use a pressure washer while somebody runs them in and out and then do the same process for greasing them.

  3. #3steve whiteside2018-01-24 22:52

    I can give that a try. It just seems to me way to much slop in the linkage. Could you see the video to see what I mean?

  4. #4bobcat12018-01-24 23:08

    I will look at ours in the am but I think has about same amount of play.

  5. #5Shimmy12018-01-25 00:44

    Almost certain that the pins are dried out. Get the bucket off, have someone pump grease while operating the bobtach. It is a poor design. Used to run a 280 Deere. In 6 years, never once had trouble with the coupler, and it didn't require greasing.

  6. #6steve whiteside2018-01-25 10:10

    Great idea on the grease. thanks.

  7. #762oliver2018-01-25 14:07

    I would start by trying to get some slop out of that linkage and grease the bejiggers out of the whole thing. It all looks kinda sloppy and dry to me.

  8. #8steve whiteside2018-01-27 16:35

    As others have suggested, I greased and I tightened. Working much better now. Not perfect but since this came to me as a previous rental I don't really know what it is supposed to look like from the factory. Thanks again everyone. steve