Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Power tune

Stermerfarm ยท 2013-06-05 09:08

Has anyone here used a Bully dog power tune in a class 8 truck. Thanks for any info, Paul

Replies10
  1. #1kevinc16502013-06-06 19:59

    Check out TS Performance MPHD. Gain 20 - 30% more HP and Torque. 10-20% better fuel economy. What engine are you running?

  2. #2heymccall2013-06-06 22:36

    Google "Pittsburgh Power" and "Bruce Mallinson". That's the only guy I trust for extra power AND fuel economy. He runs a monthly column in one of the truck papers, too.

  3. #3Stermerfarm2013-06-07 16:05

    14L Detroit set at 515hp in a Freightliner FLD120SD tri-axle dump (2006) Paul

  4. #4Mike L2013-06-07 19:14

    i thought after 515 hp in a Detroit you had to start changing internal parts?

  5. #5Stermerfarm2013-06-07 21:10

    Well if you read the ads Pittsburgh Power and Bully dog said there would be an increase in hp and torque, but that's why I'am asking if anyone has had any experience with them in the real world. I have had this truck for three years. Most of the time 515hp is plenty of power, but you never have to much. My last truck was 1994 IH 9300 with a 3406 Cat and it was turned up to 475 (more or less) and the MPG runs at 5.5 to 6.5 with both trucks . Paul

  6. #6Bill Betten2013-06-08 08:24

    Got a pic of your Truck? I am building a FLD-120SD.

  7. #7Stermerfarm2013-06-08 08:41

    Yes I have pic but I'll get my son to help. Paul

  8. #8Stermerfarm2013-06-08 15:22

    This is my truck. Bigger pic would not come out. Paul

  9. #9Bill Betten2013-06-08 17:04

    Thanks alot, I am rebuilding a 93, which will look like this. Bill

  10. #10Stermerfarm2013-06-09 08:35

    Yes they have not change the looks of them. Paul