Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Power washer hose recommendations?

colson04 · 2024-09-22 10:49

We have a 4000 psi hot water power washer that keeps blowing hoses. We have had it one year and went through 5 hoses. The one it came with didn't last a month, the next two replacements barely got us through last winter. They were 4000psi , 240°F rated hoses. We don't know our exact pressure, but we keep the temp set at 150°F. Then we went to a hose shop and got (2) 50ft hydraulic hoses made. They only had 4000psi hose, but its rated to 310°F. One blew out mid summer, the other blew out last night on me. Another hose shop has 6000 psi Parker hose available, but quite a bit more money. I don't care so much about the cost as long as it will last. This washer gets used weekly, and currently getting used daily as we are prepping equipment for winter storage. I don't want to drop double the coin on a hose for it to not survive. We've never gone through hoses like this. I presume it has something to do with the heat. I'm just wondering if this is everyone's experience, or what you guys are using on your hot water pressure washers. I see 6000 psi hot water pressure hose is available as well. Maybe our issue is the power washer creating more pressure than we think it is. I'll see if I can set up a gauge on it to verify out put. Also, I see a lot of Chinese made power washer hose reels available? Are they worth it? We don't have a hose reel on this yet, but that's going to change soon. I'm getting cranky having to wind up 100ft of hose every night.

Replies13
  1. #1Oxbow2024-09-22 11:06

    3/8-in Hot Water Double Wire-Braided Black Hose, 6000 psi Green Canpump is a one-stop shop for pressure washing and misting products, solutions, accessories and spares for consumer and professional applications. www.canpump.com At this price it may be less expensive to change it out as needed? Buy a couple of spares maybe.

  2. #256wrench2024-09-22 11:24

    I got my hose reel from hotsy but the box said made in china so i might as well have bought a cheaper one

  3. #3stinky642024-09-23 10:13

    Hot water pressure unit we had at the feed mill had 6000psi hose, lots of use daily, held up pretty well till one of the idiots would stretch hose across gravel lot and another idiot would run said hose over with loaded feed truck. Can't put pressure specs on stupid.

  4. #4colson042024-09-23 10:47

    Bought a 6000psi hose this morning. We'll see how it lasts, they weren't cheap, but were available locally and able to put to work right away.

  5. #5terex herder2024-09-23 13:04

    I used to get my power washer supplies from Water Cannon.

  6. #6Bumpsteer2024-09-23 22:24

    We get our pressure washer stuff from Gilberts....they are a dealer in Breckenridge, thats all they sell/service. Pretty sure they cover the whole state. Kind of ironic you brought this up...my village just got a new Landa last week. We had the money, so I pushed for it. Ones pisser has more pressure than the pos 110v one we were using. Ed

  7. #7IceHole2024-09-24 03:28

    Turn the relief down. 4k hose is like 12k+ burst

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-10-02 20:09

    Friend that took power engineering said you can't have as much pressure when you get into higher water temps. approaching steam. The 6000 PSI hose should be good.

  9. #9willie592024-10-02 21:15

    Sorry I'm late for this thread. Yes, standard pressure washer hoses can't handle the heat, you might get three months use from them until they fail. I purchased this Continental hose from Graninger, yes, a bit spendy, but it lasted for nine months until the fitting crimp started failing where it connects to the gun. Took it to a local hose shop to have a new fitting crimped on it and we're still using this hose, washer gets used frequently at our shop. > https://www.grainger.com/product/CO...ConfigId=8&searchBar=true&opr=THKS&position=1

  10. #10Truck Shop2024-10-02 22:04

    Have a 3,000 Landa, an old machine, it use to run for hours cleaning inside refer trailers and truck related parts. Don't know the temp setting--but real hot. It's had the same hose for the last twenty years that I was there {75' on reel} and long before I went to work there.

  11. #11masterwelder2025-06-08 08:20

    Any update on the 6000psi hose? I need to replace a hose on my Hotsy.

  12. #12colson042025-06-08 17:47

    Been 8.5 months and still going strong. Haven't blown a single o-ring in the quick connects either. This hose has held up very well for us.

  13. #13IceHole2025-06-14 04:51

    I have this on my Landa. It's a 2500 psi machine though. Gets hot enough to almost make steam. https://a.co/d/7dIBCAj Can't say I ever thought I needed more pressure... have to be careful even as it'll cut into stuff with a 15* tip.