Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PQ Control Substitute

stone7 ยท 2013-08-07 18:05

JLG 40HA proportional controls, on my machine the swing, lift, and tower all use the 1600-126 PQ controller. I've noticed that my swing control has a 1600-141 installed and it seems to work fine ??? So, is the 1600-141 PQ controller interchangeable with the 1600-126 PQ controller ?? I noticed this after discovering that the 1600-126, the correct controller for my machine, has a wire in position #4 on the plug that is apparently not used by my machine. And the 1600-141 doesn't have this wire? Just curious, my lift controller has stopped working completely, and I've removed it. If you swap in one of the other controllers the machine lifts fine. So I'm wondering if the controller has died completely, or if maybe the molex plug might need new pin connectors. Thanks, I'm still fiddling with this thing.

Replies1
  1. #1willie592013-08-07 19:47

    Call Hindley Electronics, they can tell you if those two controllers will interchange. https://www.hindleyelectronics.com/