This is a picture of the connector on my Swing controller, on my machine it's a JLG 1600126. I'm trying to figure out which pin is which. The line drawing is from a datasheet for this connector. The view with the numbering doesn't show the flat sided connectors, only the round, so I think it's a back view of the drawing below. But I'm not sure. And the photo is rotated from the drawing. So the question is, is the pin in the photo with the blue box pin 1? Or where is pin 1? And once we determine pin 1, does pin 1 correspond to line 1 in the schematics? I've only found one schematic in my parts manual that shows the controllers, and that schematic is the Troubleshooting schematic. Is this the only one? Thanks. Apologies if this isn't clear, or clear enough. This is my guess at this controller connector. Is this correct? Thanks.
Verify using wires from platform box harness plug, not the wires connected to controller plug. pin 1 brown, pin 2 blk/orn, pin 3 yellow, pin 5 brn/red, pin 6 brn/blu, pin 7 blu/orn. Why do you need this info, I've rarely had to chase these wires.
Wait a minute, I thought you were asking about the drive controller. You say this is the swing control circuit on a 40HA?
40HA platform swing circuit, again, verify wires a platform harness plug, not wires for controller harness plug. pin 1 brown, pin 2 orn/red, pin 3 yellow, pin 5 blue, pin 6 yel/blk, pin 7 gry/wht.
This is for the swing controller. And the lift and tower. Not the drive, it's a different part number. And I'm not sure how it's different. But for the swing, lift and tower, this is what I think the schematic is saying. PQ Controls Pin 1 Brown --- Ground Pin 2 ORN/RED --- Drop Dump Pin 3 Yellow. --- 12v dc when foot switch pressed Pin 4 NC Pin 5 Function Left/Down Pin 6 Function Right/Up Pin 7 GRAY/WHT ??? Not sure if it's Drop Dump or Prop Dump, my manual is low res. And I'm not sure what this is. I think it's a valve. But I'm not there yet. So I just want to confirm, does pin or line 1 from the schematic, correspond to my connector pinout? I'm just researching. Almost everything came back to life with a little contact cleaner and the air hose. This stuff is magic, and I'm not going up without it! Thanks. I'm going to pull out a 1600126 and look at it on my oscilloscope sometime later. Edit: My picture above is of the controller, but all references to wire color are to the schematic and the platform. I'm just trying to identify which position in the connector is which pin.
Welcome to the world of JLG diagrams. Many times you have to think your way through them. The key to figuring this out is the connector terminals that are "not" being used. Look at your schematic, it shows pin 4 on connector (pin by itself) not being used, and pin 8 and 9 (pins side by side) not being used. That right there gives you your orientation of pin locations.
Okay, that is a very helpful picture. Thanks. Without confirming this, it's like heading off without your coat. I can get busy now.