Would someone tell me,What kind of preheater would have came on a case 1845c skid steer.I can't seem to find one on my sons machine.It does have a 110V block heater.
As far as I know an 1845c never had a pre heater, you could add a block heater which you already have....they are a darn good machine tho
Thanks,you just saved me a bunch of time,of looking for some thing that's not there!
I don't have any experience with the 1845, but if it has the Cummins Case engine, they don't use pre-heat system.
Thanks for the info,I just assumed there must be some preheat.My cummins 6BT have a grid pre heater.
Curiosity was killing me so I checked the parts manual. Some series of the 1845C offered either an ether injection system or a Thermostart similar to what is used on Perkins engines, a sort of pre-heater that has fuel injected by the heat element while cranking engine, but they don't show glow plugs or intake heater on that engine. If cold weather starting is an issue for you the block heater would work best.
Thanks Willie,checked things out last night, like cleaned the cables and the grounds.But it looks like the problem may be the battery.Its reading 11.2 volts after running 3-4 hours.In the morning the engine rolls,but just not up to what it takes to fire a cold one!