Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Prentice 210 knucklboom

chris_james ยท 2016-09-20 10:48

The saw on my knuckleboom as quit working. When I it the button I can hear and see in the lines the hydraulics working. They saw just doesn't spin or come down. Unfortunately I have no manuals for this machine. If anyone good give me some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-20 12:00

    Any quick couplers in the lines? Sounds like something is cutting off oil flow.

  2. #2lumberjack2016-09-20 12:18

    Or the chain is in a bind. On some systems, the chain has to spin to power the bar out.

  3. #3chris_james2016-09-20 12:45

    The chain isn't in a bind that I can see. Unless there is a barring in the side thats shot. I didn't see any couplings either

  4. #4partsandservice2016-09-21 23:02

    The saw motor is likely locked up. With the chain loose you should be able to turn the saw motor with a wrench where the drive sprocket bolts on. Some ground saws have belts and the bearing assembly can lock up. What kind of saw do,you have Ctr or csi , I probably have parts and service manuals , Hudson maybe, Riley nope.

  5. #5chris_james2016-09-22 08:55

    It has a CTR saw mounted out front. I just learned they have side mounted saws too. Im new to forestry equipment. We mainly have grading equipment

  6. #6chris_james2016-09-23 11:16

    The deliner is a CTR 400 pull threw. If anyone has a digita copy of a manual they would be willing to share that would be great. Or just able to answer a few questions.

  7. #7partsandservice2016-09-24 16:42

    Ask away. Also pm email and I will send you pages as needed. The manual is minimal and vague.