Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Prentice 2470 Forestry Mulcher

biggav · 2019-07-03 06:30

Hi Gents I’m heading out in a couple of days to look at a 2470 forestry mulcher that is having trouble with the hydraulics randomly running slow and the engine over heating. I’m wondering if anyone has been around these units and possibly has the workshop manual or hydraulic schematics or a contact at the factory even. TIA Gav

Replies4
  1. #1Mike L2019-07-03 07:49

    I don’t know anything about prentice mulchers but since cat owns them you can usually call the tech line and they will get you the info you need. Just make sure you have all the info (make, model, serial number) and they can usually steer you in the right direction

  2. #2biggav2019-07-03 18:15

    Does that work for models even before Cat bought them?

  3. #3Tones2019-07-03 18:29

    biggav, which part of the machine is running slow, the mulcher or the base machine?

  4. #4biggav2019-07-04 07:43

    Base machine from what I can gather. Sounds like a pilot pressure Fault to me but I’ve never laid eyes on it just talking over the phone so far. I’ll be having a look at it on the weekend.