Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

prepass

pigpen60 ยท 2009-09-24 23:10

my safety person tells me that the scales keep prepass info indefinetly to use as tracking info to compare to our logs. is this correct?

Replies5
  1. #1rigandig2009-09-25 09:57

    Pigpen, It's possible for them to do, I would think, being that everthing is electronic. The way that the prepass is read is it is ID'd at the scale via computer info regarding the company that is sending the signal. If that companies safety rating is below a certain point average, the scales can set their computer to send you a red light and bring you across tha scales for a closer look. The only way to be sure they aren't tracking your prepass transponder, is to wrap it in alum foil. That blocks any signal, but it also negates having it. With technology , being what it is today, the only way to run is legal.

  2. #2TruckingAnswers2009-09-25 13:08

    rigandig is exactly correct about running legal and defeating purpose of transponder. That being said, PrePass eliminates records of the bypass after the bill is paid and the record is no longer needed.

  3. #3Knucklehead2009-09-27 14:10

    I took mine off the window, if the scale was closed, i stuck it under my leg that way I was never there. If they were open i usually used it, but I was ALWAYS legal!!!!

  4. #4pigpen602009-09-28 21:08

    im always legal....well most times. was just wondering if i was paranoid or they really are out to get me!

  5. #5crash9352009-09-30 04:31

    Putting it under you leg doesnt work, it works on radio signals. Only way to beat it is to take it out of the truck or wrap it in tin foil. Use to run the I-pass for toll roads and it worked the same way. Would wrap the darn thing up in a ball of foil and throw it under the bunk to be sure.