Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Slicky Slide

davidd ยท 2009-09-23 21:15

I have a hydr. dump trailer that I will be loading with my backhoe. So I guess this question will qualify for this forum. I have rebuilt the floor in the dump trailer. Is there a paint or coating that will make the floor really slick, to better dump the dirt? Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1digger242j2009-09-23 21:30

    (Originally posted in tractor/loader/backhoes.) Uh, actually, the dirt will slide or stick just the same if you load it with the backhoe or any other kind of equipment, so I moved it down here to trucks. (Cause people who know the answer to a truck bed question might not bother reading the backhoe forum.)

  2. #2Willis Bushogin2009-09-23 22:18

    the only thing I have ever found, to keep dirt from sticking, is a linner. I use them in my dump trucks. Check your area, big truck shops, for dump bed linners. If you can find a installer, they may have a short piece they can sell you at a good price. 1/4" or thinner, is all you need. Its basically a piece of plastic, that you bolt down at the front. If you cant find a source call Ancil 410-760-6349, I know he can help

  3. #3busdrivernine2009-09-23 23:50

    Easiest and quickest is go ahead and bit the bullet and put you a liner in it but if you do unless it is a liner that is made for asphalt do not haul hot mix it will melt or mess up your liner Good luck and glad that you are getting some work just about dead as dead can be here in North east Tx because of mother nature (RAIN )

  4. #4davidd2009-09-24 10:16

    Thanks for the info. I was thinking of a paint or something like herculiner. It is usually non-skid. But perhaps there is a type of painted on or sprayed liner that was actually slick instead of non skid. Funny about this rain. All the news of the floods in Atlanta. I am 150 miles south of Atl. and we are in a small drought. I guess the bad news always gets the headlines. DD

  5. #5Willis Bushogin2009-09-24 12:59

    I asked a Rhinno linner installer about this, for a dump truck (hauling dirt) he siad he didnt know, but if he were to do one, he would leave the rudder additive out, so it be a slick surface. Check in your area, for spray in bed linners. They arent cheap, but if tell the guy, you want a good deal and it may turn into a lot of business for him. It may work, or ??

  6. #6busdrivernine2009-09-24 13:57

    there are 2 things one is call FLUID FILM made by EURIKA Chemical Co and the other is called EZ GLIDE .I have bought EZ GLIDE at Tractor Supply before. If you go and do not see it ask them if they have it .

  7. #7Knucklehead2009-09-27 14:15

    Another option is if you have a large dump trucking company in your area, you may ask them if they have a piece out of one of their old trailers. A company that I worked for always had some half pieces laying around out of their dump trailers. The back half would wear out long before the front would. So when they replaced them there was always a piece left.

  8. #8Diggedirt2009-09-27 21:18

    I checked out a dump trailer that was for sale that had a coating applied to help material slide out. The owner said it worked real well for a while then started to wear off. It seems like the product he used would need periodical re-application to be effective. I think a liner of some sort would be far better than a coating. It seems that some dump trailers do not get a steep enough angle to make a clean dump.

  9. #9busdrivernine2009-09-27 21:33

    here is a link to something that works pretty good http://www.agspecialty.com/EZslide.htm

  10. #10heavylift2009-09-28 00:40

    that ez slide is what one driver around here uses... or something close... I just remember him saying something about lawnmower... His bed is usually the cleanest some use a liner... some are black..... some are white... We even have a couple of trucks around here ...the bed is plastic with a metal frame