Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pressure and gpm for talbert sliding axle trailer

boxman ยท 2014-01-10 22:09

I need a little help on this one if someone has answers. I have a talbert 35 ton sliding axle tilt deck trailer on my KW T800. I just toasted by second Hydraulic pump I was told the trailer required 3000 PSI and 15GPM I am thinking the numbers are too big and that is what is taking out the pumps. Does anyone know what the requirements really are? I have been playing phone tag with Talbert all week. Thank you Dan [email protected]

Replies4
  1. #1Construct'O2014-01-10 22:28

    I got a power unit for my detach since my truck didn't have a wet kit.The pump on the unit is a two stage pump and the setting on it is 16 gpm at 600psi for when it is empty and 4 gm at 3000psi when it is loaded and i'm raising it with a load. 13hp Honda engine Good luck

  2. #2mikebramel2014-01-11 13:28

    Since you don't want more problems what is the analysis on your old pump??

  3. #3boxman2014-01-11 17:53

    None can tell me The first pump had a black paste and "excessive wear" on the gears. It looks like it overheated. I am thinking the bypass valve on the trailer cannot bypass 15GPM which then causes the pump to dead head and since the oil is not moving fast enough it overheats the pump and causes the wear. Any thoughts same or different? Dan

  4. #4mikebramel2014-01-12 12:18

    The black paste is oxidized oil and the grooves in the housing are from loss of viscosity both from overheating. Unless you fix the real problem in the system you will be repeating this problem. The problem could be from a leaking (internally) relief valve or cylinder. Do you have a diagram of the system?