Im looking for decent pressure gauges for hydraulic, fuel, and air pressure. I see dura choice seems to be one of the lowest priced name brand with marsh and ashcroft on the other end. Now the million dollar question has anyone used the dura choice gauges and what were you results ? Id like a gauge that is accurate and starts from the peg each time for a few years. I really dont want to invest in expensive gauges yet because I tend to peg them on occasion and maybe run one or two over ( still a lil peppy when the going get tough) lol any experiences welcome. my experience is the no name gauges are in the scrap pile and still reading 20 % of there working range. :bash
I have an eaton set that works pretty well. 3 gauges, 2 lines, and 8-10 fittings. think it was around $550. my only complaint is that I keep running into test ports that are one size smaller than what came with the kit.
I bought mine from CAT (obviously rebranded, don't know which tho) when I still had an employee discount, and got the nice rubber condoms for them, REALLY helps keep them intact.
Check out Caterpillar 6V7830
Yeah fittings and tees seem endless but im working on that I pretty good on test hoses and I got a dozen gauges but some are screwed up and never the exact range you want like today I needed to watch fuel pressure roughy 25 psi I had on that went to 15 psi and the next 200 and the 200 needle was stuck about 15 psi so what a pita trying to drive haul truck on crowded quarry trying to tell if needle moves 1/8 of inch I bought 4 good gauges and love them but shelled out a pretty penny and now im trying to save a few pennys if possible but that usally isnt the best in long run lol
If you don't mind going digital I purchased one of the service Jr gauges from parker and it works really nice cause you don't need a bunch of different range gauges
i have this same one works good
Thanks lantrax and tom v im going to look into the cat gauges. Tekemp and ohio fleet have you guys had them long ? My dad has the jr and it needs to be recalibrated. When I realised it was out of calibration I just spent all day trying to firgure out why the d6r we just rebuilt the torque and transmission had low lube pressure. Always double check testing equipment it sank in well on that job.
Most of my gauges are Wika brand. They are liquid filled, good quality and reasonably priced. I think we get them from McMaster Carr.
I have had it for about a year, and so far so good but it never hurts to have mechanical style for a back up.
I have the Otc digital set. Seem to be decent. Never really had much of a problem.