Can someone tell me what size and style quick coupler I need to do diagnostic test on a D3G cat machine? For the service ports on hyd system.
Or an affordable aftermarket kit. I'm sure it will require several different pressure reading gauges.
Most Cat stuff uses a Parker PD series fitting for the test ports. My personal preference is Cat gauges. Three of them should cover any pressure range you’d need on that machine. Cat also has the hoses and fittings as well. Won’t be the cheapest you can find but it’ll all be there and it’ll last a long time. You can rig up quick couplers on the hoses and gauges to make the hose work on any gauge without wrenches and fluid loss if you’re willing to spend a little more $. If you don’t anticipate using them very often it’s not a big deal to grab a couple wrenches and swap the hose to another gauge. If the issue you’re chasing requires checking a couple pressures at the same time you can build a couple gauge/hose/coupler setups. It’s all what you need and are willing to spend.
Thanks Junkyard I didn't think about having to check a couple at the same time. I guess with me being a small operation, it will be best to go ahead and have the dealer look at it.
You can get some gauges, fittings, quick coupler ends and hoses for less than $1,000. It will pay for itself in a short time. The real expensive item is the knowledge to understand what you are doing and interpreting what you are seeing. If you don't have that, you are wasting your money buying the test rig.
Just what I have done, but I bought general use liquid filled gauges and have built adapters and hoses as I went along. I did not buy a kit, but I probably have $100 in everything to this point. Obviously not the most time efficient if you need information ultra quick, but you can typically just order a list of fittings and one will hit what you need.
One thing to remember... Surge snubbers are a good idea on some system tests, and a needle valve on each gauge is not a bad idea either. Most of my gauges and couplers are set up with JIC adapters so gauge changes are quick and don't need sealer. A couple of hoses with #4 JIC female swivels do what I need.