Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Priestman

kcinetak ยท 2014-09-02 13:28

Hi I would be grateful of any help available, I have just purchased an old Priestman, I was told it was a 14 tonner but can not be sure as can not find identification plate anywhere, only plate I can see says it is number A 1827, I presume it must be a Mustang but would like to clarify this, it has a Ford 6 cylinder engine. I saw a thread on here about track brakes and would like more information on this as I dont think they work on this one. Any information or operators manuals would be much appreciated. Regards Stephen

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies9
  1. #1d4c24a2014-09-02 15:21

    a picture will soon tell anything like these

  2. #2kcinetak2014-09-02 17:04

    Hi thanks for that, looks like the Mustang with white cab

  3. #3Garrie Denny2014-09-03 01:01

    The yellow one looks like they put the cab on up-side down to me ?:drinkup

  4. #4lantraxco2014-09-03 01:30

    No, that's the way they're supposed to be, so you can actually see what you're digging?

  5. #5Garrie Denny2014-09-03 04:33

    I was only being a try hard not funny,replier lantraxco. I WILL TAKE A PHOTO OF THE CRAXIEST E-VATOR I HAVE EVER SEEN AND POST Talk about seeing where youre digging ? This excavator has a separate elevating operator cab that looks like is designed to get you over the hole - The Cab can be elevated the Boom. let me know if youre interested.

  6. #6rayman2014-09-04 22:35

    Garrie D, those elevating and stretching cabs are generally used for ship and barge unloading duties. It is not as crazy as you seem to think. It gives the operator a perfect view when placing the bucket or grab. The world does not exist on just digging in the dirt. regards rayman. (they are also popular in scrap metal yards, gets the operater up out of the danger zone)

  7. #7td25c2014-09-04 22:56

    That's interesting kcinetak . I remember years ago walking in to a Ford tractor dealership and up on the wall they had posters of all the Ford products . Sure enough Ford had a tracked excavator . Just wonder if it was a Priestman with the Ford paint & name on it . Common 6 cylinder ford diesel engine in the farm tractors & some trucks was a 401 cubic inch . Be interesting to see what engine is in your excavator ?

  8. #8d4c24a2014-09-05 15:17

    quite a few here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHN42DXUU-8

  9. #9td25c2014-09-05 22:20

    Thanks for posting the video d4c24a . Always liked Ford equipment . Never have seen a ford excavator in person . Had the pleasure of operating my buddy's mid 1990's Ford 545 4x4 skip loader on the last job . What an awesome tractor !:thumbsup