Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Prime issues with volvo L110

Morris l110 · 2024-07-31 07:30

Engine will not hold prime. After an oil change I would have to prime at a quarter tank all the time. After another oil change I would have to prime at 3 quarters of a tank. After replacing the fuel pump a line and the prime filter housing and all filters. I have to prime all the time? Any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1Ben Witter2024-08-05 18:37

    Which series of L110? Sounds like you have a leak on the suction side. Does it start and then run out of fuel if you fail to pump the primer button?

  2. #2thepumpguysc2024-08-05 19:07

    If it has a Bosch in-line injection pump, take a look at the overflow valve.. it’s supposed to open up at 25 psi..

  3. #3sfrs42024-08-06 09:28

    To help much further the letter postfix ( E , F , G or H ) and serial number will be required, as the variations are numerous.