Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

private lot owner wants to mate Farmi JL501 pto winch to skidsteer

jbarry ยท 2014-11-08 13:32

I've got a CAT257B2. I want a small winch like the Farmi JL501HD ( http://www.farmiwinch.com/JL501HD/ ) to pull out logs and thin the 15 acres of spruce and fir we have on our hilly rocky terrain. I like the fact its got a long length of cable and a quick infeed. But I can't buy one direct from farmiwinch.com due to territorial agreements Farmi has with its distributors. I'm in Canada and the JL501HD is in the USA. I can understand that, although for Farmi Inc, you would think a sale is a sale no matter how it gets to the customer. Cdn dealers can't (or are not interested) to bring one in. So in talking with Farmi USA they said if I buy the JL501 (pto version) from local dealer he could sell me a kit that would be the hydraulic motor, price tag for that almost the price of the winch itself. I'd still need the QA->3pt attachment. I'd buy the JL501 and get the QA/3pt attachment but I'm wondering if there is a cost effective alternative and make up a motor/hoses/ etc, assumign pot shaft would probably be off the shelf. I'll first admit I'm a complete newbie to how hydraulics work. So if anybody offers suggests on how to go about, I'd appreciate details. Having said all that, if someone has a used winch that mounts to skidsteer and is thinking about selling, I'm interested.

Replies1
  1. #1jbarry2014-11-09 08:09

    never mind, I found this HeavyEquipmentForums