Hello guys I need your help with this switch. We bought a new Universal ignition switch like below The problem is when moving key to ignition I hear the solenoid but it doesnt start. Sometimes does it well but others dont. I pulled out the starter and tried directly with a battery and spins great. Put it back again and now and then works. Now I´m using direct cables from the battery-switch-starter, but the same. If I go down and start directly the starter it works fine. Can you help me out with something I havent thought?
What is the machine that you are working on? Most machines have some type of neutral switch, clutch switch or others that prevent the engine from starting if the devise isn't in the proper position. One of these switches or terminals associated with them could be intermittent. I would take a volt meter and probe along the circuit backwards from the starter while having someone holds the key in the start position (make sure the machine is blocked so no one gets injured) until you find the open device.