Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Problem with 320E Skidsteer

jumctavish14237 · 2024-07-30 11:38

I am wondering if I could get some help diagnosing the problem I’m having with my 320E, all my hydraulics work and it moves forward and backwards with no issue, however the moment I try to turn it almost feels like the brakes lockup and stop the machine from moving, as soon as I let the controls go it will move forward and backwards again, it locks up everytime I try to turn

Replies11
  1. #1mg23612024-07-30 12:05

    Welcome to HEF jumctavish ! Deere? Make, model and serial number please.

  2. #2jumctavish142372024-07-30 12:28

    John Deere 320E, serial #1T0320EKKEG273311

  3. #3ozarkag2024-07-30 22:32

    Your in good hands! MG is our resident Deere expert. While I know he can tell by serial, is this a joystick or hand foot machine? Also, do you know how to access service menu to read codes and monitor electronics?

  4. #4mg23612024-07-31 04:53

    Is this with the engine at full throttle? Does it still do it if you change your control pattern? Press and hold the menu button until the words "SERVICE MENU" appear in the screen. Scroll to Codes, record and post both active and stored codes. Then clear the codes. Run machine and see what returns, if any. Do you have gauges and know how to use them?

  5. #5jumctavish142372024-07-31 12:55

    It is a joystick machine, it has iso and h pattern controls The only active code is for hydraulic oil temperature out of range Stored codes are: Left speed sensor input data below normal 10437hrs Right speed sensor input data below normal 10437hrs Left joystick can data abnormal data rate 10432hrs Right joystick can data abnormal data rate 10432hrs No HCU data on can bus abnormal data rate 10074hrs 5 volt sensor supply 2 out of range high 9983hrs VCU 5 volt sensor supply 3 out of range high 9983hrs Hydrostat oil temp out of range high 10438hrs Right joystick y-axis mechanical fault 9603hrs Right joystick x-axis mechanical fault 9603hrs Left joystick y-axis mechanical fault 9603hrs Left joystick x-axis mechanical fault 8844hrs Machine hours are: 10438hrs currently

  6. #6jumctavish142372024-07-31 12:57

    We already checked charge pressure and the charge pump has been replaced by us, it is brand new Yes I have gauges and know how to use them, unfortunately I don’t have access to a laptop with John Deere software

  7. #7jumctavish142372024-07-31 13:01

    No codes popped up when I started it other than the hydraulic oil temp sensor code, and no codes come up as active when I cause the steering to lockup

  8. #8jumctavish142372024-07-31 16:12

    Yes it does it no matter which control pattern I use

  9. #9mg23612024-08-01 04:48

    When you try to turn, does the charge pressure stay within spec? Did you check park brake release pressure?

  10. #10jumctavish142372024-08-01 09:16

    Is there a port to check park brake pressure or do I need to tee into the line? And I will check charge pressure as soon as I get to the shop

  11. #11mg23612024-08-01 11:52

    Tee into the line.