Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Problem with hydraulikk/ electronikk on my Fermac 965/2000mod.

ellingsen · 2015-04-08 16:13

Hydraulic / Electric problem. Fermec 965 2000 mod. Hello !! Im new in here so hello everybody!! . I'll try to explain in my bad engilsh. ( im from Norway, found this forum when i google. ) The problemmaker: Fermec 2000 mod type 965 , 71 kw , ser.nr SMFA44TC5Y9EE2390 This machine has been parked for 2 years now because of this problem. Many companies has tryed to fix it, but nothing helps. Total cost 25.000 Dollar... :-( When you start the tractor everything seems to be ok. When you try to start the hydraulic only beeping and the hydraulic is dead. The only thing that works are the hydraulic legs I do not know the English word.. The seat switch and the right handle bar is changed , but the problem is still there. The digging machine can sometimes work properly for 2-3 days and suddenly the problem comes back and beep noise and the hydraulic is dead again for month The machine has now been standing for 2 years. If somebody has "hint" or something to help i'll be very great full. So I am the new owner. And I would like to solve out the problem. I hope you can help me out. Best regard Petter Ellingsen/ Norway

Replies33
  1. #1Deon2015-04-08 20:35

    When you have a situation where it works normally for a while and then acts up again I think it's probably a bad electrical connector. I would start by working on the plugin connectors. One at a time, pull plug apart, plug it back in until it click together about 10 or 20 times. Would be best to spray contact cleaner into the plugs before doing this. Then fill the connector with dielectric grease and press it tightly together one last time. Do this to every connector you think may be related to the hydraulic system, inside and under the machine. If you find a connector that looks corroded you can hard wire it ( solder the wires together) or replace with a new connector. Good luck.

  2. #2ellingsen2015-04-09 03:03

    Thank you, I`ll try it and I let you know. At the same time, do you know anyone who has electric diagram for these machine. Best regard Petter Ellingsen

  3. #3ellingsen2015-04-09 11:12

    Hey Deon. The mechanic told me that all wires and conection was checked out and was ok. He was quite shore that the main card (logic)was gone. But I have just no idea. But I haven't even a drawings for the circuit so I am in deep sheet. Do you have any idea how to get these drawings . Best regard Petter Ellingsen

  4. #4Deon2015-04-09 18:23

    Did he tell you if they have a way to check the logic controller? The only way I know of is to install it on another machine or switch the one on your machine with a known good one. I don't know where you would find a wiring diagram. If your lucky you may find one online with enough searching. You can probably buy a service manual from the dealer but I will expensive. If the logic controller is indeed defective, a wiring diagram won't help you much.

  5. #5hosspuller2015-04-10 00:32

    Sounds like a safety circuit is being triggered ... hence the beep. Here's an old thread ... Some of these guys might be able to help with advice.

  6. #6ellingsen2015-04-10 05:37

    Thank you a lot, I`ll let you know. I am very thankfull. Petter Ellingsen

  7. #7Jamjamex2015-04-15 15:10

    Hello petter, Caught your post about mf965 problems, I used to have an operators manual for this but passed it on to the new owner. Unfortunately the wiring diagrams in the manual didn't help much other than giving a general overview of the system. No diagnostic help or tests for computer etc You might be able to find an operators manual but it will only give basic wiring details You say it works sometimes and then starts beeping, how many beeps 1,2,3 or 4 then a pause ! Each sequence of beeps tells which system is the problem

  8. #8ellingsen2015-04-16 07:15

    Thank you Jamjamex. These is information from the last gay who tried to fix it. The ** 965 are still not here yet. 14 days and I hope I have it outside. I wait for a truck who takes it here. But I understand that it was not logic sound on beeping. It was 1,2,3 and four beeps. He measured the potmeter on rear wheels and told me that it was ok. He told me that rear wheels had to be straight, or else it would not work. It was made like these in the logic controller. Thank you for trying to help me with my problem, I hope you will follow me Best regards Petter Ellingsen

  9. #9Jamjamex2015-04-16 14:18

    Ok Petter, so it beeps 4 times then a pause ....yes? This is a steering fault if that's the sequence of beeping, did your fitter have the plug in reader that links to the computer. You need the reader to check steering etc. Used to be part of MFservice toolkit

  10. #10ellingsen2015-04-18 16:33

    Good evening Jamjamex. Thank you again, for realy trying to help me out with my problem. First of all, I cant tell you mutch more before I have the machine in my yard. When you wright reader, do you mean the tool for read out the failure from computer. If so, I have never seen it and I do not know if anyone in Norway have these tool. If you have any idea where to find it please help me out. Best regards Petter Ellingsen

  11. #11Jamjamex2015-04-19 02:12

    Good morning Petter, The reader may now be a problem to scource, if you have a terex/ferment or ** dealer they may be able to help you with it. They needed it as part of their service toolkit The reader helps by showing the settings of loader arms/steering angle and without it very difficult to set these correctly,as it plugs into the computer in the cab ( under dashboard,left hand side facing rear) However your problem could just be in the hydraulic enabling system ,which other members have suggested . the driver seat switch is a common fault and if faulty will not let excavator hydraulics work ...but connections under the cab could also be your problem. As you say once your machine is home withy out it will be easier to eliminate certain things Ours was a good strong machine once we modified a few things Regards Jim

  12. #12ellingsen2015-04-22 08:46

    Thank you again. I have been in contact with Bulder (Norwegian dealer of Terex). They will try so ask the dealer for the reader. I`ll let you know more when I have tractor at home, and start to learn out the problem. Best regard Petter Ellingsen

  13. #13ellingsen2015-05-26 04:22

    Good morning Jamjamex So at least. I found the tool in Germany, its no on my way. 995 euro+tax. I`ll had a quick look on the communication card ounder machine. It look like brand new. I`ll give more feedback when I have got my tool

  14. #14ellingsen2015-05-26 04:29

    One more thing, it seems for me that it beeps six times pause and repeat. And, the back wheel is not in line with front wheel.

  15. #15ellingsen2015-07-03 08:29

    So at least. I found the tool in Germany, its no on my way. 995 euro+tax. I`ll had a quick look on the communication card ounder machine. It look like brand new. I`ll give more feedback when I have got my tool. ¨ Thank you for Your help. When I got the tool I understand that my Hydraulic masterbord was ****t!. So, after replacement the machine is like brad new. Mvh Petter Ellingsen

  16. #16Jamjamex2015-07-03 13:36

    Good to hear you found the fault and it's now working well Regards jim

  17. #17hosspuller2015-07-03 14:25

    Thanks for the follow up :drinkup ... I and most of the readers like to know how the problem was solved.

  18. #18Brigt O. Lauvsnes2019-12-12 14:38

    Hei Petter. Går maskina di greit ennå?

  19. #19Morten Lorentzen2021-03-14 06:31

    Hei Petter! Har du fortsatt Fermec'n? Jeg har nylig kjøpt en 965 som jeg tror har blitt en liten kasteball pga. div. problemer. Denne gir ingen lydsignal om at noe er feil. Men tilfunksjon på laster virker ikke (spak virker på graveagregat ) ei heller virker 4 hjulsstyringen. Driver nå og sjekker alle potmetere på akslene og kabling. Begynner å mistenke proporsjonalventilene. Dette adapteret for å lese systemet kan du fortelle meg hvor du kjøpte det? Eller kan du være behjelpelig om du bor i nærheten av meg. Jeg bor i Hobøl, Østfold. Eventuelt om du kan ringe meg for en prat? tlf: 91188249

  20. #20Tinkerer2021-03-14 12:24

    Welcome to HEF, Morten ! Petter has not been on HEF since 2015. You could try sending him a PM (private message). It will create an email that is automatically sent to him by HEF. It tells him he has a message to be read.

  21. #21Luk20112021-04-22 06:58

    What tool have you buy it from Germany ? @ellingsen how can i contact you ? I have the same problem by Fermec 960 .

  22. #22Luk20112021-04-22 07:01

    @ Tinkerer can you help me also to contact Peter Ellingsen ? I've write him a Private Message , but he doesn't see it , because have not been here in this forum from year 2015 . Please help me somehow to contact Peter Ellingsen through email . thank you Luk

  23. #23Tinkerer2021-04-22 11:40

    Hi Luk, Unfortunately I do not have any way to contact him. Hopefully he is alive and well. But, things do happen that we lose the ability to contact with members. There is a Peter Ellingsen in Norway that has a Facebook page. Try contacting Morten Lorentzen with a phone call or a Private Message. He might be able to help you. Have you tried getting any help from a local Fermec dealer ??

  24. #24Luk20112021-04-22 13:07

    I've called already Morten Lorentzen , and i'm in contact with him . I've told him to let me know if he will find Petter . We have try it to contact someone who repair digging machines , but until now it's without succes . And i wish to talk with Petter to ask him more details about Fermec digging machine .

  25. #25Luk20112021-04-22 13:45

    The problem it's that are too many : Petter Ellingsen in Facebook , from Norway , and i don't know which of them are Petter Ellingsen from this forum .

  26. #26Luk20112021-04-22 14:00

    @andershaaby was the previous owner of Petter Ellingsen Fermec digging machine . How can we contact @andershaaby , to tell us wich of Petter Ellingsen from Facebook , are the right one which are the owner of Fermec digging machine ? HeavyEquipmentForums SMFA44TC5Y9EE2390 andershaaby I was member from today. I am the new owner of these Fermec 965/2000mod. I haven't even got it in my yard, but I know there is problem with the hydraulic. Have any of you find the problem with these particular problem what was written before. Best r Petter Ellingsen HeavyEquipmentForums

  27. #27Tinkerer2021-04-22 14:19

    Don't be bashful. Send a Facebook message to each of the Petter Ellingsen's from Norway one at a time and explain your dilemma. Eventually he may reply to you. Most people on Facebook are very friendly and helpful. This is most likely Andes Habby you are looking for. https://www.facebook.com/ln.yzz.16 ----->

  28. #28Luk20112021-04-22 14:22

    Anders Haaby Mann, født 1978, 1894 Rakkestad https://www.proff.no/rolle/anders-haaby/rakkestad/8902/ https://www.facebook.com/RakkestadAvis/posts/1040260449320776/ ======= I'm just a farmer from Norway , not an english teather HeavyEquipmentForums ======= @andershaaby Hello. Im from Norway , have a small buisiness and im very bad in english In my freetime i fly paraglider and have a boat i youse sommertime... exuice my bad english, my teather said that i succed.. I found this forum when i google "fermec 965 + hydraulic problems" I can't post any new thread yet but i hope administrator fix it. Very nice forum.

  29. #29Tinkerer2021-04-22 14:27

    Unfortunately, Anders hasn't been on this forum since August 2011. That was not long after he became a member on HEF.

  30. #30Luk20112021-04-22 14:36

    Hobøl, Østfold from where it's Morten Lorentzen until Rakkestad from where it's Anders Haaby are 36km , and Rakkestad have 8000 people population . How many Anders Haaby can be in a locality with 8000 people , to have a small bussines and to be a farmer ?

  31. #31Tinkerer2021-04-22 14:40

    Not many he shouldn't be too difficult to find. You could try to contact anyone that lives there with the same last. You might be lucky and it would be a relative.

  32. #32Xr32022-08-04 07:54

    I have the same problem with fermec 965. Anyone got conntact whit Petter Ellingsen? Which tool he used to diagnose the problem?

  33. #33arcticafrican2022-10-30 14:17

    Hello, have any of you been able to sort this problem? My hydraulics are very shaky. Sometimes they dont work at all. It seems to happen mostly when the machine warms up, about 30 min - 1hr of running then it starts and gets really bad. In the video you can see how it is. https://youtube.com/shorts/SmBSIod6S_4?feature=share