Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Problem with JCB 215 S Series II backhoe

digger242j ยท 2007-03-25 11:29

This was posted in new member introductions. I've posted it here so that it'll be more likely to be seen by someone might be able to save dtman's happy home.

Replies12
  1. #1jazak2007-03-25 15:10

    Did you contact your dealer????

  2. #2mflah872007-03-26 17:32

    Check the fuses? Are you sure the brakes locked up and its not the transmission? I know someone with a JCB and they had a wiring problem and it made the machine stop.

  3. #3B1@cK W1d0W2007-04-04 23:05

    Another Fool & a New Toy [ B] :beatsme Sorry but I have No idea,, We, or should I say "HE" has a similar problem & needs some advice too. Long Story Short~ Friend bought a 1995 JCB 214, now its beside the Hole in my back yard I said the same as previously stated,, wiring or fuses, but since I'm pretty mouthy for a spare rib, guess I was ignored, :notworthy , The answer was "YAH I DID" Decides to move ahead & NADA...he has Reverse & Ntrl,, no forward gears:beatsme ...:Banghead Wondering if anyone has any little check points, or a safety check of somekind?? I can't seem to locate any Troubleshooting info for this thing, but he is heading out of town in the morning to pick up a manual.. [/B]

  4. #4Countryboy2007-04-04 23:09

    Welcome to HEF B1@cK W1d0W! :drinkup

  5. #5B1@cK W1d0W2007-04-04 23:16

    Your Fast Thanks CountryBoy,, I think I might like it here :drinkup

  6. #6Countryboy2007-04-04 23:23

    This might help you with posting pictures. :thumbsup Posting Pictures

  7. #7B1@cK W1d0W2007-04-04 23:48

    Well let's see now View attachment [email protected] :cool2 Great help

  8. #8d4c24a2007-04-05 10:06

    foward + reverse stalk Long Story Short~ Friend bought a 1995 JCB 214, now its beside the Hole in my back yard Decides to move ahead & NADA...he has Reverse & Ntrl,, no forward gears:beatsme ...:Banghead i would swap the relays for fowards and reverse first ,if that is not the problem i would go for the stalk next hope this helps

  9. #9Lashlander2007-04-05 17:24

    Is the hole big enough to doze it in and still get some cover over it? That would fix the problem.

  10. #10murray832007-04-05 17:45

    Could make an interesting septic tank or lawn fixture

  11. #11Neil D2007-04-16 17:23

    Lashlander Being a JCB thats no good either because it will leak oil like a sieve and then you will have the environmetal boys breathing down your neck. Best to send for the dynamite kid and let him reduce it to tiny pieces!!!!! Neil

  12. #12Lashlander2007-04-17 01:19

    I agree!:yup