Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

You guys don’t know what you are talking about!

Sageair ยท 2007-03-21 23:29

I was watching the 6:00 oclock news tonight. They showed a clip of a new construction site where there where two scrapers, one loader,two backhoes and a trackhoe. The news chick called them all bulldozers. Not the fancy schmanzy names you guys use. So now I know you guys are all fakes and she is the expert.

Replies23
  1. #1Countryboy2007-03-21 23:44

    Her edumucation stopped at bulldozer. Thats why she is a "News Chick".

  2. #2Lashlander2007-03-22 03:58

    Was she cute?

  3. #3Squizzy246B2007-03-22 04:47

    Thats great!...I now own not one but TWO Bulldozers .....all my dreams have come true...well except the one about Laura Brannigan and the whipped cre.....oops...hang on ...wrong forum. . Anyway...I don't know much about driving bulldozers but are they any good for building retaining walls???

  4. #4jperfect2007-03-22 14:05

    good thing you said that cause ive been looking for work and everybody asking if i can run a bulldozer. i guess i can. wow im mart.

  5. #5Countryboy2007-03-22 18:42

    :laugh Yes you are. :bouncegri

  6. #6hoeman6002007-03-22 20:15

    good thing there was no STEAM ROLLERS:Banghead

  7. #7mflah872007-03-22 20:43

    most people say " oh those are nice diggers you have." or they say whats a bulldozer like that cost. when you tell them nothing they look at you funny, and look even funnier when you reply with " because when i bought it they told me it was a loader."

  8. #8CM19952007-03-22 21:34

    Uhhh- Squizz tell us more about this Laura Brannigan. Well on second thought never mind.

  9. #9Squizzy246B2007-03-23 06:42

    I'll keep it clean...it was in my younger years...testosterone played a big part: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Branigan http://www.last.fm/music/Laura+Branigan She had....very big assets....umm..I mean hits

  10. #10digger242j2007-03-23 08:14

    http://www.drunken-pumpkin.com/2006/12/song-for-the-weekend-if-i-had-a-bulldozer-by-heywood-banks/

  11. #11CM19952007-03-23 09:27

    I hear ya! I appreciate big assets.

  12. #12tuney4432007-04-26 10:26

    Interesting.She came 1 town over from where I live now.Barely remember her.

  13. #13tuney4432007-04-28 08:06

    Funny timing--My mom calls me from Vegas the other day--says someone out there stole a bulldozer and was running it on the highway where he got stopped by police.She said she saw it on TV so I ask her if it had tires--it did--another informative news chick probably using the ''B'' word again.

  14. #14tnturkey2007-05-05 22:10

    If I count my Tractors, I got 5 bulldozers

  15. #15ronscons2007-09-01 13:19

    bull Squizzy must be just a pup- I never heard of Laura Branigan-- but if your talking this way--- If I recall correctly, and I'm old-- well, seems to me I saw Katherine Ross in a John Wayne movie sitting on yellow junk - now there! would be a "Bulldozer Operator" Seriously though, I wonder if "bulldozer" is misused, misconstrued, or misquoted so much, then what about like "terrorist", "businessman", "small town boy" etc. or you ever notice in crimes etc. there are no low powered weapons- they are all high-powered rifles etc. Just thoughts from close to senility!

  16. #16Mr HMK2007-09-01 14:11

    they sometimes call them "cranes". ointhead

  17. #17bigblueox2007-09-01 22:38

    Ha not to bad for the 80's !!!!! Questions do news women get moved up on the inteligence totempole? My current GF is a " news woman" (so she says) this might mean trouble.

  18. #18dieseltune2007-09-03 22:37

    Hi guys, just a newbie equipment fan. Originally from the UK now residing in Melbourne. Most equipment in the UK comes under the heading of JCB. Doesn't really seem to matter shape, colour or size, they are all good old JCB's!

  19. #19RT Engineering2007-09-03 23:12

    I remember a reporter after the '94 earthquake here in Los Angeles. The pictures were of an excavator (Bulldozer) breaking one of the failed freeways. Of course there was a laborer spraying water with a firehose, "Because the last thing we need here is a fire!" -says the reporter. I have worked for many years in this business and I am yet to see concrete start burning. RT

  20. #20wrenchbender2007-09-04 13:37

    Welcome to HEF dieseltune.

  21. #21Countryboy2007-09-05 20:11

    Welcome to HEF dieseltune! :drinkup

  22. #22dieseltune2007-09-05 23:33

    Thanks guys for welcome messages. Have read this forum for quite a while now and always find it very interesting. I don't suppose I will become a big contributor but think it is great forum and will always be lurking in the back ground. Keep up the good work. Regards John

  23. #23tuney4432007-09-09 13:41

    My daughter is in her last year for communications at Penn State.She wants to be the next Katie Couric--matter of fact, this summer she inturned at CBS in NY with Marsha Kramer{woman reporter--fairly well known} and she saw and talked with Couric a few times--once even first thing in the morning in a coffee house without her makeup on---funny--there she wouldn't acknowledge my daughter because of that.Women are so friggin vain.A--N--Y way--I told her---WHEN she starts reporting,she had better get her backhoes,dozers,and excavators right--she should even say the brand name so her listeners might take notice.