Sorry no new thread but please help!! We have a John Deere 850 dozer that will not move. The engine runs, but tracks will not go. They have replaced the Pump, Main Selector valve and Transmission "Blocks" (?) Does anyone have any info they could provide? This is Justin's wife writing he is out on the job beating his head against a tree!! Thanks so much!
Our newest member, justin fed, has a dozer problem, as described above. (Post moved here from it's original location.) (He has a dozer problem, but with a wife who''ll go posting on HEF for him, life can't be that bad.) BTW, welcome to the forums, Mr and Mrs. Justin!
justin's wife Justin's wife There are more knowlegable people here than me, but I did have a somewhat similar problem on my 555A. However it was only one track that would not move. I had a hydrolic hose ruptured on the right clutch pack. This involves taking the top off (for you) both sides to check. I would be skeptical though as it seems odd that both hoses would rupture at the same time. I would suspect a common problem which would be "no" pressure to either side. ie' a pump? I'll follow this problem because I've always wanted to own a 850. Good luck. Myassitis from Missouri
Did you check the clutch ? at least some of the 850 jd had a clutch for cold weather starting
Welcome to HEF justin_fed and wife! :drinkup
Welcome to HEF OneWelder! :drinkup
What model 850??