I have a friend with a Komatsu pc150LC. The hyraulics are working very slow and with no power. Put the arm down and it can't lift the tracks off the ground. Also has a error code EO3 Whats that. Engine sounds good. Did not bog down when using the hyraulics. Friend thinks its a solenold switch. What do you think. Thanks,Bill
How many hours are on it my ex is doing same thingand its the pumps but I have 14,000 hours on my machinei does the machine walk fine and if you let it sit for a minute then try lifting the tracks up.
I can't remember if that's the error code but if certain things happen the machine will go into a backup mode which will reduce engine speed and make everything slow and set a code. Have had had it happen several times when the engine speed sensor on the flywheel housing failed. I have a dash 5 which may or may not be the same but I can look up the code if you want.
As I recall the EO3 code means there is a problem in the engine rpm control. Does the engine throttle control work? What Dash number is your machine? Have you checked the fault code section in the computer?
Thanks everyone for the replys. To answer questions. (Gcc) I don't know the hours, will check. Yes the machine does walk find, but the machine is on flat ground. It will not lift the tracks even if it sat for a while (Komatsu 150) I'm not sure what dash number it is, I will call my friend and ask for the sn#. (John C.) My friend did say something about the throttle control. It does work, It throttles up when you move the control handles and idles down when your not moving any controls. My friend said something about not getting full throttle. Not sure what the working rpms are. Thanks again, Bill
John, i think E03 is a problem in swing holding brake solnenoid system, a short or an open
jey_c I am assuming you are working on a Dash 6 model machine. You have it correct. It is the general code for the swing holding brake. There is a bypass toggle switch that will give you that code if you have it shifted to continuously release the brake. On machines I've seen it is in the compartment with the fuse panel. There are two toggles and both will give you fault codes if shifted to the bypass side. One is the swing brake bypass and the other is the TVC Prolux switch which will bypass the computer control of the pumps. That system needs power to the solenoid to release the swing brake. Shifting the bypass puts power to the switch all the time unless you manually set the brake on the monitor panel. FYI the general codes that will be displayed on the panel are as follows: EO2 Pump TVC solenoid EO3 Swing holding brake system EO5 Governor motor control The following are for machines with the Hyper GX systems. EO1 Automatic mode system for Hyper GX EO4 Control lever neutral system for Hyper GX EO6 EPC solenoid drive system for Hyper GX
we own a1998 150 and had to replace all of the throttle linkage for the same problem. machine runs like it was new I always run it in active mode most rpms
Hi friends I´m from Spain,excavator operator,I need to post for activate my account,I would like learn a few the specific terms about this "steel" world.I cannot give you something new about your problem.
Good day, I'm from Colombia, I have watched this forum and I have a Komatsu Pc128uu-1, and has the hydraulic pump and control valve repair, in perfect condition, but the machine has no power, I checked the code 34 and 61, I want to know if you can help me with some information that I may have to make my machine I have running, I'd like to explain to me how to operate the buttons on the back next to the fuse, really appreciate it this helps. Good Day.
have you sorted out your PC150 problems, I own one and have had the same problems. E03 warning code can be caused buy the wiring conections from the throttle control to the wiring harness, there is a plug and the engine heat can effect the connections.
i had a similar problem on a 228uu. it was the merge/divide solenoid. Machine wouldnt push up, repaired wiring to valve worked a treat after that.
Having E05 problem! Can anyone tell me the correct sequence to use on the buttons to bring up the fault codes on my 2002 PC150 LC-6 excavator? Thanks Heath
Hi broz? I think your very family with komatsu. I have a problem with komatsu HD 325 truck. In this thruck i get error code E04 with mechatronics caution lamp display as well as alarm sounding.After trecing i found a transmission controller was off set, aftr reset the problem disappere ie no sound no code display. After several hours when i swiched on my machine that problem hapen again but when you switch on/off imediatly for 3 time error and sound disappere and machine back to normal. This happen every time when i switch on my machine . Please can i get assistance from you. you can contact with me throgh [email protected] or [email protected] THankyou Adam Kigwama.
We work on a 150-5 and have had a couple of power problems, initially when we first got the machine the rpm sensor and another connector were switched (apparently they have the same connector) and plugged into something else. The second time was when the plastic gear in the electronic throttle control slipped a tooth and had to adjust it back - but we have not had problems since. (the machine gets rough use and has been flipped once or twice...) Komatsu parts mykomatsu.com helps a lot with part diagrams. William
Thank you very much. That gave me the codes and info. Turns out my problem was with the plastic gear teeth in the governor motor. I was shocked that ( plastic was used for the teeth on a gear ). For the price of a new one , you would think gold was used making them. Again thanks for the info, Heath
John, I have a 150 LC dash 3. Is there an error code system on this vintage machine? My machine will stop travelling after it runs for a while. Mike
There is a very basic system based on a red and green diode on the face of the computer. As I recall the computer for most of the Dash three machines was mounted behind the cab in the main control valve compartment. There should be a decal on the front of the computer under the diodes that say what the possible combinations mean. When everything is working right the green diode will be on all the time of flashing slowly or quickly. No diodes mean there is no power to the computer. There is a bypass switch usually under the computer and a little hard to find. It it is thrown the computer will show the red light on. Back to your original problem. The computer did not have anything to do the travel function other than changing the output of the pump when the engine started to lose speed from a heavy load. Does your travel problem happen on both tracks in both directions or just one track? You could have a lot of things going on in a machine that old.
Hello John, Thanks for the quick reply. When I said my machine stopped traveling, I mean it will not move period. If I shut it down for a couple hours, it will be ready for traveling again. When it does stop traveling, I still have all the other functions working satisfactorily. Winter time in Maine has put the machine in hibernation at the present time unless we get a 40 degree day in the near future. Mike
The rest of the functions working and only the travel stops usually indicated the swivel seals are bad. The usual problem is that the system has been running hot and the seals are baked. As I recall the seals were blue colored when new and they changed to a white colored seal later on. If the seals are cooked you will find pieces in the return filter and/or the suction strainer in the tank. The swivel can be repacked without removing the whole unit from the machine. Remove the hoses from on top and cap them somehow. I think there were four bolts in the top cover and a snap ring under that cover. There is also a pin and rod on the side of the housing that has to be removed. If the seals are bad you can lift the outer housing right off the center real easy. The seals are in lands inside the outer cover. Putting the new seals in is a little bit of a struggle so be careful. You will have to press or jack the outer housing back in place as the seals are real tight on the center section. Make sure you line up the stay rod before you push the housing down. Hook it all back up and try out the machine. Good Luck!
i have a pc150-6 it will not start from key. ran a wire from batt to starter and it will start. can hear click in the left side where batt is. can any body help
I would check the battery relay. It is located in the area that your clicking sound is coming from. Let me know if thats not it. Heath
Does your machine have a Cummins engine or a Komatsu engine?
I got it fixed found wire broke in the wireing harness. thanks for the help tho
Hi everyone I'm a new guy on here and was wondering if someone could help me out with a few problems I have with my 1987 pc 150lc. The machine starts up fine but won't turn off when you turn the key off and the second problem is the main pump I believe leaks hydraulic fluid out of the breather that is on top. If someone could help me out it would be appreciated.
As I recall your vintage of machine used the throttle lever to shut down the engine. The breather you speak of is called the damper case and it usually only holds a couple of cups of oil. With the oil coming out the breather you have either the engine oil leaking out the rear main seal on the engine or the pump input shaft seal on the pump. You have to pull the pump and flywheel to fix the engine seal. I don't recall how that pump is set up but you may have to dismantle the pump to change the input shaft seal. Good Luck!
Thank you for your help i will have to take the pump off like you said and go from there.
PW, there is a plug in the side of the case at the proper level. You can remove the plug and let it drain to to the proper level. If it's a slow seal seal leak you can do this occasionally until you fix it. The right thing is to fix but I didn't want to take the machine down when ours started to do this as we were so busy. It's now about 10 years later and it's still about the same. We check it every oil change and it has stayed about the same small amount of oil running out. If it gets too high it will take out the speed sensor and is hard on the starter. Ours is a -5 so I'm assuming yours is the same. By the way the existence of that plug and oil requirement is nowhere in our owners manual. The dealer service tech told me about it when he came out to change the speed sensor. He recommended just draining occasionally as it's a common problem. Sorry to go on so long.
Where is the plug located. If you were looking at the pump from underneath. Thanks for the help. Also the machine won't turn off when you push the trottel forward do you know anything about this.
If you open the door of the pump compartment and the pump is in front of you, you are looking at a Dash 5 machine. If you have a Dash 3 machine, the engine hood comes up and you can see the engine and pump all together. Looking from the end of the pump, look underneath it at the bell housing. About a inch and a half from the bottom will be a square headed pipe plug if your machine is a Dash 3. If it is a Dash 5 there will be an O ring plug that an 11/16" wrench will fit. That is the level plug for that compartment. You need to let us know what Dash series your machine is before we can tell about the shutdown.
Reply to old thread but I am talking about Komatsu and I can't start a new thread yet. I am looking for a used Komatsu excavator. I already have a PC55 and need a bigger machine. Dealer relationship is good and they are very capable as well as reasonable. I have never purchased a used machine before so this is new territory. The machine I have located is a PC150-6, Year 2000, 5800 hours on it. Original paint and cosmetically good. Looks like its been fairly well taken care of. Second owner has had about 2 years and says it was from a pipe laying company. He indicated that one boom cylinder is wet or slobbering. Pics confirm that to be true. Its not a gusher as far as I can tell. Work is now slow for this owner and he needs to get rid of a payment so I suspect that is the reason it was not repaired immediately....just not enough funds. Obviously that means a repair which I can accept and understand. The bigger concern is contamination of the hydraulic fluid and damage to components. A new pump on one of these is spendy. Would this leaking cylinder give you much more experienced owner/operators concern over the remaining life of the machine and the pump/hydraulic system? Is that a sufficient reason to pass? I do intend to have the dealer provide an inspection on the machine once I look at it myself. Should I just go ahead if purchasing and replace the gallons and gallons of hydraulic fluid? Thanks for all the replies.
Our machine is -5 and has about 16000 hours on it. I've never had the boom cylinders done. They do leak badly. I just bought kits for them and we are going to pack them ourselves. I'm in the same boat, just not enough work to justify paying the dealer. I did have the other cylinders done and I think the first one was in your hour range. I wouldn't consider a leaking cylinder to be a deal breaker as long as there is no physical damage. I would expect my not very reasonable dealer to charge me $2000.00 or more to pack two cylinders. The problem may have been solved in the -6 but I would make sure the tracks are still adjustable. That is my other major problem with mine and the dealer wants around $9000.00 to fix it.
Hi All. I have some similiar problem with Komatsu PC200-7. The error code is E02. And then next Is E233. But i dont know where should i start to looking for the damage part. Please If there is someone can helpme out. Thanks before it. ps: you can email me.
That code is a disconnection in the PC-EPC solenoid system. Check the solenoid with an ohm meter. It should have between 7 & 14 ohms of resistance. If the solenoid is good you probably have a wiring issue. Check the connectors and harnesses for rubbing and wearing against something. Good Luck!
We have just purchased an older PC 150. 15,000+ hrs. Komatsu engine. Bucket has little to no power unless you press the left hand joystick forward a little. Then it works fine. Are the joysticks out of sync?