Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

problems getting 650G in gear

Jim Dandy ยท 2010-02-26 20:02

I have got a 1998 650 G and sometimes when I raise the safety bar to allow shifting the pedals will not release (its a pedal steer) and come up thus I can't get the machine in gear. Also an alarm will ring. It sometimes seems if I raise the bar and allow the engine to rev up the pedals will release or I will raise and lower the safety bar. Anyway it is very annoying and wonder if someday it will finally get me. Any of you all have any ideas of what is doing this? Thank you for your time.

Replies3
  1. #1RonG2010-02-27 04:24

    Inside of the tower that the shifter comes out of is a preload spring that might have something to do with it.I have seen them break before.I would expect that it would break on the end so that you may fashion a hook on it to reuse it.Be sure that there is not any obstructions underneath the floorboards.Ron G

  2. #2STAFFORD2010-02-28 01:39

    Sounds like you might just have a linkage problem, should be relitively easy to fix in my opinion, those are not very complicated. Pull off the cover and give your linkage rods a visual, might be a simple fix.

  3. #351kw2010-02-28 21:55

    We have one at work that does that occasionally. Try moving the shifter after raising the bar. This one the pedals wont come up till you move the shfter. Worth a try.