Hey everyone. I have a hydroax 621B. had a total failure of both the hydraulic pumps. both the big pumps and the smaller auxiliary pumps attached to them were rebuilt and i put the machine back to work. in the month or so she has been back to work, I have blown a seal 4 times now between one of the hydraulic pumps and the aux. pump. it has been one of two seals. a shaft seal or a gasket that take turns blowing. I can get a week or so out of it and then it takes a ****. there is a weep hole in the bottom on the aux pump that oil will pour out of half the time it brakes. the other half it just comes spraying right between pump mating surfaces. I can not figure out why this is happening and neither can the guy who rebuilt my pumps. this project took place over several years and several people worked on the machine at different times. The only two things i can think of is someone along the way crossed a line and has pressure going were it shouldn't be, or a one way check valve is bad and back feeding pressure perhaps. when the pump comes back I am going to pressure test eveything and see if it tells me anything. Does anyone have any advise or technical reading material that may help? I have parts and operating books for the machine but there are discrepancies in the routing of all the hydraulics as the book is for a different model. I have some pressure testing numbers form the book to go off of but not many. Thanks again for any help you guys can give me!
You a problem in your case drain system. The shaft seal is not meant to hold pressure so when it fails its because there is pressure, why? Is there to much case drain? Is there a blockage in the case drain system? Is the hydro tank vented correctly? Has someone incorrectly plumbed pressure into your case drain system? You will need a full plumbing schematic and lots of patients, good luck.....TIO
i agree with your statements and make sure the pumps are rebuilt using hydro ax parts seen where a slight under sized o ring of the shelf caused major issues with the hydro ax mower i used to operate