Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

skidder tyres

ncnswlogger ยท 2014-06-08 05:44

Which manufacturer makes the best tyres for skidders

Replies8
  1. #1Landclearer2014-06-08 09:13

    Firestone!

  2. #2mitch5042014-06-08 17:35

    A lot of the guys around here say Primex gives the best value for the money.

  3. #3ncnswlogger2014-06-09 07:01

    The 648G i drive has bridgestone on the front and firestone on the rear. Not fussed on bridgestone but the firestone forestry specials are good. What are nokian tyres like compared to firestone

  4. #4Landclearer2014-06-09 17:12

    I see the Nokian advertised a lot but have never seen them in action. I know a guy that tried some Chinese tires on his skidders and he said they were complete junk. We have had good luck with Firestone and the Tigercat dealer swears by them. Chris

  5. #5MutsMachines2014-06-15 00:38

    the back tire on this log loader is brand new and says log stomper on it. cant remember if its a briggsstone or firestone. but seems to be a great forestry tire from how iv seen it preform.just my opinion on it.

  6. #6mitch5042014-06-15 17:48

    Log Stomper is by Primex. The loader setup that way is interesting.

  7. #7ncnswlogger2014-06-19 08:49

    Dads mate bought cheap chinese tyres at half the price and were a complete failure.

  8. #8MutsMachines2014-06-20 19:28

    yes I thought so to the first time I seen it. it is still working today and loads trucks all week long. very cool set-up. they also have a trailer that turns it into a slasher. nightmare to back up with it on.