Hi. I had to replace the brake hose on my little loader, but now I cant get any pressure on the brake system! No mater how much I bleed, I don't get any pressure at all!.. Is it a special way to bleed the brakes, or something? Thanks Thomas
I read some place that they use transmission fluid in the brake system on this loader! Is it somebody that know why, and what happens if I use regular brake fluid? Can that be the answer on my problem with soft brake pedal? Thanks Thomas
A lot of equipment uses oil instead of brake fluid, usually because a cylinder leak will go into the drivetrain, but not always. If the system was made for oil, frequently the seals and etc aren't compatible with brake fluid. This can cause the rubber parts of the system to soften and you to have non-functioning brakes.
Thanks Mitch, I'll try with transmission oil today! But can that be the answer why my pedal never gets hard?
It could be, if it has softened the seals. The bad news is, if that is your problem, just changing fluid probably won't fix it.
I noticed that the old fluid that came out was red! I don't know how long time it takes before the seals go soft. The brake fluid has not been in the system so long, few weeks I think! Do you know witch type of automatic tranny fluid I should use?