Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Processed Weight

CT18fireman ยท 2006-07-07 21:38

I am trying to bill out a customer and need to bill for yards of stone. I got the tons and I know what I requested in yards and something is not adding up. What is a good average weight for a yard of 3/4" processed?

Replies3
  1. #1nobull12006-07-07 22:11

    I always used 1 yard = 1.5 ton. Don't know how accurate that is, but it's worked for me.

  2. #2Cat4202006-07-07 22:44

    Here's a chart I found somewhere with lb/yd of various materials. Hope it helps.

  3. #3CT18fireman2006-07-08 08:45

    Thanks guys I was using 3000lbs and am coming up far off in my favor in checking my receipt from the supplier. It wasn't a huge amount so an approximate weight should have got me near the quantity. I don't know if their scale was off, they didn't tare teh truck right or what.